How to apply stickers to buttons on wheel?

Hi, I've ordered a CSW BMW GT2 steering wheel (for use on PS4) and also the Button Caps and Sticker Set to apply the appropriate PS4 sticker icons to the buttons when I get them. I just wanted to get some clarification in advance on how to apply properly.

I don't think it will be necessary to replace the buttons so should be simply to apply the stickers to the appropriate buttons. Is it simply to remove the stickers from the sheet and affix them to the buttons or do I also have to apply a transparent film over the face of the affixed stickers also so that the printed icons don't fade with constant pressing or rubbing?

Reason for asking is I'm not sure if the print is on top of the transparent sticker (so will be affected with pressing/rubbing) or perhaps the print is on the underneath of its transparent side so therefor will not be affected with wear and tear.

This is the CSW BMW GT2 steering wheel I'm getting along with the sticker set:

Comments

• Anyone? Anyone?... Beuller? Beuller?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi David,

You will need to apply the stickers to the button caps that come with the set. These caps fit over the top of the BMW buttons. The buttons on the BMW wheel itself have a concave face, so the stickers will not adhere correctly. The button caps that come with the sticker set are specially designed to work with these stickers - they have a flat face, and the height of the edge around the face exactly matches the thickness of the two sticker layers that need to be applied (base colour and top transparent decal).

The print is not on the top layer of the decal, it won't rub off.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• David SmithDavid Smith Member
    edited September 2020

Thanks Dominic.

So besides the button caps I have to apply the base colour sticker also before affixing the transparent top icon decal?

I can't affix the transparent top icon decal directly to the button cap without applying the base colored sticker?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

You can just use the transparent layer, but then you will be missing out on many colour variations, and the cap will have more of a pronounced 'edge', because the edge height is designed to align with the thickness of two layers rather than one.

There are only two layers. There is only one correct combination: coloured background, then transparent decal on top. The symbols/text are part of the transparent layer. The print is not on the top surface of the transparent decal.

• Got it. Thanks again for your insightful responses as usual Dominic. I'll apply with the recommended procedure. Cheers.