Lost force feedback on PC, wheelbase v 2.5 with horizon 4 and Forza 7

I spent a lot of time searching around and didn't find anything current so I thought I would post and see if anybody else is having this issue. played horizon 4 about 2 months ago without any problem with my ClubSport V2.5 and a formula V2 wheel. everything worked as the previous time. now when I fire it up the buttons and pedals work fine, the wheel works fine, but I have no force feedback. checked and have current drivers from fanatec. using the wheel property page provided by fanatec everything works including the force feedback test. I've tried all kinds of different things. can't seem to figure out why the force feedback won't respond. tried doing a new custom wheel setting, you name it, everything seems to fail.

I did find one post back in June where a bunch of people said they hadn't played in a while and when they came back they had no force feedback using same wheel base. I don't know if they've changed something in the game but the game is basically unplayable with my wheel now.

just tested in Forza Motorsport 7 also on PC and have no force feedback there as well. I wonder what's going on.

just tested it on grid 2019 on PC also through steam. works perfectly fine. something is going on with Microsoft products. I just played like two weeks ago in Forza Motorsport with a buddy, we had no issues.

just tested horizon 4 on Xbox and everything works totally fine including the force feedback. so this is just a PC issue. they must have changed something. great job Microsoft.

Comments

• Me too.

I can set my CSL elite to xbox mode and i do get FFB but it seems reversed and setting it to reverse in the game does not fix it.

Also setting very low overal FFB in game does not lessen the FFB so something is very wrong.

• edited January 2021

No FFB even on Podium, in both PC and COMP v2.5 modes.

What's going on?

• Same for me no FFB with my CSW V2.5 and my Formula V2

😥

• And I also have recently lost FFB with the genteel ETS2 that I have been playing!

It was working one day and then not the next. Nor does FFB work any more with Automobilista 2 or ACC or any of my driving sims. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the fanatec drivers and no change. I have swapped out my BMW wheel for my formula carbon wheel and still no FFB. It is clearly a wheelbase problem. All the lights work on the steering wheel and the paddle shifters work ok. When I tested the properties there was the vibration effect too. But no violent shaking like normal when testing the FFB in properties - just nothing.

I have attached a zip file of the error log. Can anybody make any sense of this and explain to me how to fix my wheelbase? Thank you!