Wheel inputs stop working...

Hey, I got the problem, that my Wheel stops taking inputs when playing iracing...

It's strange and not realy great when your wheel decides to stop shifting mid race...

I ordered now the BMW Steering Wheel to see if that changes things up....but i tried to run Assetto Corsa today and all works perfectly fine! it must be something wrong with the dirvers? maybe....

PLS HELP ME! :D getting started with sim racing and till now its not the best experience with this problem

Gear i'm using:

• FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1
  • Loadcell Pedals

Tribers

• 373 PC Driver
  • 674 WB FW

Comments

• Hey I had the same issue with my Podium DD1 twice in iRacing. And many others are experiencing the same issue. I guess there is something wrong in the software.

• edited October 2020

As said multiple times this can be either the vibration setting in iRacing or a hardware issue. It's unlikely to be a software issue at this date as this was pretty much ruled out. If it's software then it seems to be impossible to find for the developers.

At this point it's much more likely the issue is caused by too much flex in the wheel to base QR which then cuts out power for a fraction of a second which results in a freeze. And that's a typical hardware thing and nothing software could fix

• Yeah but this is a different hardware. So flexes in the base should be quite diffferent since we are talking about two different technologies here: one is a direct drive, the other is a belt driven base.

• edited October 2020

Both can have significant flex when not using the optional fixation screw, and even with the screw some hardware parts are so much out of tolerance that there is still flex. It's no secret that the tolerances are quite big and some wheels flex, some don't.. Possible cause for Freezes when there is too much play and the power pin of the wheel is losing contact to the base part for a fraction of a second.

And at this point this is much more likely than this being a software issue (where more or less all people would be affected and not just a few)

• Ok, anyway I will try to put the screw on and see what happens. I had a 2hrs session in iRacing today and didn't have issue today. I will keep trying.

• Hm Flexing could be a point! But why is it fine in Assetto Corsa?

where do i find the vibrating setting in Iracing? Can't find it..