Looking for BMW M3 GT2 in-wheel settings to use

Just recently bought the Clubsport BMW M3 GT2 wheel to use with my CSL Elite PS4 base. Also using with the V3 pedals. Everything is hooked up and just got chance to do a little test run yesterday. So far all are communicating nicely with one another. The only thing is I find I'm not getting enough FF/vibration from the wheel. Just seems too smooth. The BMW GT2 wheel replaced the bundled CSL Elite PS4 wheel that came with the base. So now that I've gotten the new BMW GT2 wheel I think I may need to adjust the in-wheel tuning settings for it accordingly for the best feel and features it contains.

That being said I'd appreciate it if some of you can suggest good wheel settings I can use for it. And if it can be in consideration with using the CSL Elite base that would be a plus, otherwise whatever you can offer would be appreciated. I already done quite a good bit of searching on the web and here and can't find anything.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi David,

The most 'direct' force feedback you can achieve with the CSL Elite wheel base is to have FEI at 100, and the Drift Mode set to 'Off'. Depending on the game, you may also be able to turn up additional effects, e.g. more kerb vibration. Beyond that, there might not be much that you can do. The BMW GT2 wheel will always feel 'smoother' than the standard P1-type wheel (on the same strength of wheel base) because it is significantly heavier, and therefore has more rotational inertia, which provides a form of damping.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks Dominic.

• Hi @Dominic Brennan , Sorry to disturb you again. I've increased FEI since last you suggested and I think it helped a bit. Still wish I could get a little bit more wheel feedback though bearing in mind the BMW GT2 wheel is heavier than the standard CSL Elite PS4 wheel it replaced. I see in the BMW GT2 wheel features description the wheel features "Two vibration motors integrated within the wheel rim" so I expected to get more vibration/feedback coming through but not sure I'm feeling said motors as should. Is there anything else you'd suggest regarding the wheel's tuning menu settings?

If you know offhand to suggest cool, if not if you can find out that'd be appreciated. I've search all over the place but can't find anything regarding in-wheel setting for this wheel.

These are the current wheel's tuning menu settings I'm using. Are these ok or anything I should adjust further?

WHEEL (TUNING MENU)

SEN (Sensitivity) default: Auto

FF (Force Feedback): default 100

SHO (Shock): default 100

ABS: default: Off

DRI (Drift mode): OFF 

FOR (force): default 100

SPR (spring): default 100: Was 030: Now 020

DPR (damper): default 100

BRF (brake force): default 050 (NB: using 080 for CSP V3 pedals)

FEI (force effect intensity): default 050: Now 100