Attempted to create support ticket 5x today, fails because "message and subject are required"

Hello,

I have attempted several times today (3x earlier, 2x just now) to create a support ticket through my products page. After selecting product, platform and operating system I get to the screen where you enter the subject and message of the support ticket, and can attach media files to assist.

I have entered a message and subject each time. I then upload the video to attach to the ticket and submit the support ticket. The screen erases my subject line and message entry, leaves the video attached, and says support ticket failed because message and subject are required.

I'm very frustrated and do not know what I am doing wrong in attempting to create this support ticket for my wheelbase. I am not getting conformation emails or any sort of post-submission screen saying success; it is failing because it is not recognizing that I've typed information into both the subject AND message box for the support ticket.

Comments

• picture one is immediately prior to pressing "new support request"

picture two is immedately after pressing "new support request"

• this still does not work, as of this post

my wheelbase appears to be dead, any moderate amount of FFB and it shuts itself off, I was able to record this happening

but, unable to open a support ticket (see above posts)

• support ticket worked as of this post

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Thanks for the update Shawn. Did you do anything different to make it work? Sometimes clearing the browser cache helps, our using a different device to access the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I did not try clearing browser cache or another device/browser, I just kept trying back every couple of hours when I would remember to. I was using chrome browser, windows 10 64-bit.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Ok thanks Shawn. I'll report this to the web team.

• Hello, i am currently experiencing the same issue and i'm unable to create a support ticket for my wheel, any advice on how to solve this?

tried different browsers with clear cache but no luck

• Hi again, it's been three days but i'm still unable to create a support ticket, so far i've also tried on a separate laptop and with my phones

however to me the issue seems to be server side, since the client side validation of the form works (you won't send the post request if the message or subjects are empty since both inputs fields are marked as required)

i attached a screenshot of my last failed request, as you can see in the request body all the info is there :(

• Hi Giuseppe, I can't help you out here as I am not affiliated with Fanatec but I'm sorry it is happening to you as well. Seems like that support form has some issues they need to work out as we're not the only ones to have experienced this.

• Thanks for the solidarity Shawn, i will try again tomorrow and update this topic or create a new one in case is necessary

• Its happened to me too.