PODIUM DD1: Freezing

So, at this point I can safely say that my DD1 has had an hardware issue, again: it all started a couple of weeks ago. In the middle of a race, I couldn't downshift anymore, neither I could upshift, or press any button. The LEDs kept working, so did the FFB but the issue was as critical as it could get (it's like having a gearbox failure). I've tried everything. Uninstalling drivers, grounding the cockpit, changing USB ports, especially after the second freeze that happened the same week, after I'd say 3 hours of clean use. After that, it seemed that everything was fixed. Until today. The same thing happened again twice in the space of 10 minutes. This time the LEDs were also blocked. I came to realize what mr Boschen suggested from the very beginning. It was an hardware issue. I have sent my equipment to Fanatec. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon but honestly: I have had less than 250 hours of usage. This is the second major issue for the wheel (the first one being the PSU). I am disappointed.

Comments

• Thanks for sharing. What rim were you using ? in what game ?

• I was using the Formula V2 rim included in the Bundle. I have the PS4 version of the Podium. The sim was mainly iRacing but it happened also in ACC.

• Ok guys, it seems finally over. I have received my wheel back last Friday, so it took just more than 2 weeks for the all process to take place. I have been testing the wheel the all weekend and I had no issue whatsoever. I don't know if they changed completely the base, because it seems practically new. I can recognize the steering wheel though. Anyway I want to thank Fanatec, especially Mr. Alexander who took charge of monitoring my issues from the beginning. Their assistance has been great. (I sincerely don't wish to have spoken too soon XD )

• Dear Francesco, do you have the issue with the repaired / new wheel? I think I have the same problem, lot of freezes of the wheel base.