Dd1 not recognising wheel and fan at Max

Hey people

I’ve recently purchased a Podium F1 Dd1 for Pc/Ps4

I have only had the setup for one week but now there is a major problem

The wheel and base both have the lastest drivers/firmware

They were working fine and I powered off and turned it back on the next day

However when I turned it back on the Fanatec logo appears on the led but the wheel is no longer recognised and the fan is running at what sounds like 100%

I have a video but it won’t let me post it here

Has anyone ever had a similar problem or heard of how it can be fixed???

please help I have a league race on Monday!!

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Hi Philip,

Please list the exact driver and firmware version you are using as "latest" is not very precise and leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Try driver 346 which is linked on the product page and flash all firmware versions with it to see if the problem goes away.

In case of the video you either try if it works in a .zip file or upload it to something like WeTransfer, Google Drive or Dropbox.

• Tried we transfer for a link to a short clip of problem

• Don’t have access to pc right now so cannot list exact driver/firmware now will do so later

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Philip,

A fan spinning at max is sometimes an indication that the wheel base firmware and motor firmware are not recognising each other, for instance when you update one but not the other. However if you were successfully using the device and then it just suddenly had this behaviour one day, then it could be a hardware issue.

Try 346 as Marcel suggested, ensure both the wheel base and motor firmware is the most recent.

If the problem persists please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Ok thank you for your help I will try later but I am pretty certain that the firmware for both is already the most recent

I add that I’m using the PBME and podium hub in this set up

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

In that case you will be on 356 or a newer beta. It's worth trying the most recent beta, 373. https://forum.fanatec.com/categories/beta-drivers

• Ok thank you

I just have watched the video and the power button seems to blink which would be the case in bootloader mode for example. Are you able to flash the firmware through the driver normally? If thats a problem for the base firmware you can try booting the base by holding the power button pressed for 8 seconds which puts it into bootloader mode and automatically opens the update application on your PC.

If the base boots up and the fan is running you can also use the button combination: tuning menu + d-pad right to go through temperature readings and net us know what temperatures it shows. If it shows 0 thats another indication that the communication between motor controller and base is not esablished.

• Excellent will attempt that this evening thank you 🙏🏻

• Had a chance to look at my driver and firmware package and it’s as follows

This is with clubsport formula v2 attached

• Hello

I have downloaded the latest driver but the wheelbase is still having issues

As you can see from the video the base turns on initially but then the LED screen goes blank although the power light remains on

In boot loader mode I get the above message ‘connect device failed’

Not sure what’s going on as the base is virtually brand new

Could you set up an RMA for this unit please?

Kind regards

Philip Longfellow

• Hi has anyone had a chance to have a look at the video I posted yesterday?

Hi Philip,

To open a support ticket for RMA please login on the website, go to my products and select the product you want to RMA. In case the base is not listed you can type in the serial number manually.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues and hope it can get resolved quickly.