Advice buying a fanatec wheel base

so i’ve presently were given a g29 mounted on my desk with a fanatec csl elite with load cell for use on my laptop for iracing.

i’m now searching at an improve to either the fanatec csl elite v1.1 or the csw v2.five. i listen that both are high-quality wheel bases and a few cons of the csl elite i will stay with. i will manage to pay for to get the csw, however considering i'm able to most effective be capable of desk mount it for a while is it worth the more $$$ for the csw and the desk clamp? or ought to i stay with the csl elite?

i take into account that dd is heavily praised but that isn't always in my radar in the interim. and a rig is likewise best however unable to because of space.

Comments

• I can't help too much because I came from a G29 straight into a DD1. But I did heavily research the csw 2.5. I had set my heart on the 2.5 mainly for price and the fact that many people said it was as close to a DD as a belt drive can get. Barry Roland at sim racing garage said that it ticked all the right boxes and was exactly as he expected it to be. If your concerned about torque on the CSW 2.5, I can tell you that personally, I don't use more than 8 or 9 nm of torque on the DD1 because it's just not pleasant and can be quite dangerous to attempt to use high torque. Even at 8 or 9 nm in a crash can end racing for the evening if your wrist or thumbs get caught. Even driving around Bathurst with 8 to 10 nm of torque can make the arms ache pretty quickly.

I get the impression that the more you spend, the better the feels with Fanatec kit. Finesse and detail are key and I feel they all deliver in that respect. So it boils down to budget really. One thing I can definitely say though is that it will be a huge improvement over the G29. The "rubbery" feeling over a rumble strip is sooo immersive. It's something the G29 could never replicate.

• Its much better than logitech g29 thrustmaster t300 thrustmaster tgt. Now i have csl.elite ps4 and ot works good 9 months. Than no more. I send it back to fanatec and this friday i get brand new Csl elite but it works good just one day. Its amazing when it works like must work.

Csl is is bad quality but still top wheel (if work property)

I recomend you to buy podium DD!

• If I were you, I'd go for the CSW v2.5.

In my mind, I can never be happy enough if I don't go for the best I can afford. For example, if I like found a flaw in the CSL but could afford the CSW I just would lose the fun of playing on it because I'd know that the issue probably wouldn't have been there if I went for the CSW.

Maybe your mindset is different, but just to be safe and hooked up until you upgrade to a DD I'd go for the CSW.

Bart