CSL Elite PS4 Starter Kit stops working in middle of game - repeats through start up cycle

Hi,

I've had my starter kit since January 2020, and use it mostly to play GT Sport. It has been working beautifully since then with no problems. Suddenly last week, my paddle shifters would stop responding halfway through the first lap of a race - gas pedals still responsive. When this happens, I usually try restarting the wheelbase, but then it seems like it doesn't recognize the playstation. I'd get a quick flash of a blue light, then flashing red lights, and the steering wheel goes through the start up cycle over and over again.

At this point, I've been trying different drivers for both the base and wheel. But I immediately end up with the same problem: 1) works fine halfway through the first lap 2) paddle shifters stop working - accelerator pedal works 3) restart wheel base 4) blue/red flashing lights -> loops through startup cycle forever.

I tried to submit a tech support ticket for this, but the links on the Fanatec website takes me to "my products" page with no other links or forms. I've entered the serial numbers for my products, and still no support ticket form pops up. I'm happy to submit one if I can get a link to a form.

I appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Larry,

try to check the connection between steering wheel and base. Maybe it is helpful to carefully re-tighten the small Hex screws inside the wheel's QR.

Based on my experience with the CSL Elite+, the repeated startup procedure happens, when the wheel is not recognized by the base, by defect or just a bad contact.

Cheers, Mike

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help, I think I see the issue. I think I have a broken pin stuck in the wheel base. Anyway I can repair this myself or do I need to go through tech support?

I finally figured out how to submit a ticket - submitted one an hour ago.