Xbox compatability

New here and trying to work out the best package to buy for Xbox one X.

Thinking about CSL 1.1 base with Clubsport V2 wheel.

I can see several comments about the LED's not being compatible with Xbox, is that the LED's on the CSL 1.1 base or is it the LED's on the Clubsport v2 wheel ? Or both ?

If I get the Clubsport Formula V2 wheel do any of the LED's or display work ?

Thanks

James

Comments

• edited October 2020

Its LEDs in general which are not supported by Microsoft on the Xbox - both on the Base and the Wheel.

As well as the Display of the Wheel and most buttons of the wheel...

• Thanks for the quick reply Maurice.

What about the CSL elite P1 wheel, does any of the digital readout or LED's work with that ?

Sorry for the basic questions, are there some disclaimers i can read somewhere that gives this information ?

Thanks

James

• NO LEDs or Display is working on Xbox from NO wheel... Its just because the Xbox Code doesnt support these features.

This wont change on Series X/S until Microsoft finally updates their general Xbox code sometime in the far future.

• OK.

It would be really helpful if that was on the website description when it says Xbox compatible.....

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi James,

The statements about Xbox functionality are written in both the Compatiblity and Special Notes sections of the Formula V2 product page.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic

Thanks for the reply.

I can't see any specific notes about the LED's and the display not being compatible on Xbox. It just says some features are not supported.

Can I offer some constructive feedback please. If you know this functionality is not currently supported it would be very useful for people to see that on the product description. The LED's and OLED screen are prominent features that you use to describe the product and are shown on a lot of images.

I still think the wheel and wheelbase look excellent and will probably be buying soon.

Best

James

• From a month to today, I am also looking for information about fanatec LEDs: with the various unboxes about xbox series, I am searching on google, youtube and reddit but no one (none)tries a fanatec on the new consoles ...... I am not optimistic about the operation of the LEDs and rotatory of the steering wheel since I did not work on the old console, so it will be time to wait for the day that we will have the new console ......(like james say before me)

All the best.

• I'm hoping someone can help me out with a few Fanatec newbie questions. I've had a full set up in the shopping cart for a month now, and I'm not sure if I have everything I need.

I currently have an Xbox X, but would like to purchase a PC by summer of 2022. Purchasing everything at once is a bit much.

In the Fanatec shopping cart is:

Base: DD1

Pedals: Clubsport V3 inverted

Clubsport Shifter SQ V 1.5

Wheel: Porsche Podium Wheel GT3 cup leather

-Clubsport Universal Hub V2 fur Xbox

-Podium button module endurance

QR1 Wheel-side (clubsport quick release adapter)

1. Can someone tell me if I have everything I need to use on the Xbox X?
    2. Will need to add anything once I do purchase a PC?
    3. Do I need a PC to update the firmware prior to using on the Xbox X or to change settings on any of the devices? I currently only have an old Macbook and probably won't have access to a PC until summer 2022.

I'm also ordering a GT-Omega Prime cockpit or a Trak-Racer TR8-S3 to mount everything.

I used to have a Thrustmaster TX , T3PA Pro pedals, and the shifter along with a GT Omega wheel stand which WAS fine 5 years ago, but would like to level up my sim racing experience.

• As we already all know, Fanatec products lack some native functionality for XBOX consoles. Non functional screens, additional buttons, LED strips, etc... This might come to an end if the community that has the interest would actively push Fanatec and Miccrosoft to work on this matter. Therefore, asking everyone affected to sign the petition and share it in any related group, forum, social media platform, etc. In this way, we might change the way it is. Thanks!

https://chng.it/GmvTXsvznP

• Why?

It's confirmed to be coming this year with an upcoming Firmware update...

Nothing a petition can change.