Is compatible csw v2.5 with button module Porsche

Hi guys,

after asking fanatec if the porsche gt3 button module is compatible with the base csw v2.5, they replied that it will be in the future with 373 drivers but they are already out in august. In fact, the 373 beta version drivers gave compatibility even if not complete with the porsche buttom module. my question now is, with the new 380 drivers is there full compatibility of the porsche buttom module with my csw base or not? The release notes say nothing about it.

tks all

Comments

• The release notes say nothing about it because it was already made compatible with driver 373 so there is no need to say anything about it anymore. From driver 373 onwards it is compatible - still in beta status with a last small button mapping issue on Xbox, but it is otherwise fully compatible and with every new driver it will stay compatible as it wont get removed with new drivers of course.

• ok tks Maurice but why fanatec response me that on facebook;

"There is only one roblem the Podium Button Module Endurance is usually not compatibel with the Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5, but with the new beta driver 373 it will be compatibel."

Why on the site fanatec about product description there is that :

"While the Podium Hub is fully supported by our CSL and ClubSport wheel bases, the Podium Button Module Endurance is currently only compatible with the Podium Series direct drive systems. Compatibility to other Fanatec wheel bases will be added in future firmware updates."

the idea I got is that they want to sell the universal hub for xbox but I don't want to risk spending € 680 for an incompatible wheel.

• edited October 2020

well, they told you it’s compatible with driver 373. Don’t see an issue here. So when you use driver 373 or 380 it will work just fine.

the Webshop description however is simply not updated yet.

• Roly BRUNNERRoly BRUNNER Member
    edited November 2020

Hello from Roly. Well, my PBM does not work at all. 🤔 Now installed 380 beta, but PBM still is not working on Win10 with CSW2.5.

Tried all versions of drivers around here ... does not work. 😔

So, guess, we have to wait (me, i have to wait ☺️).

Bye, roly

• edited November 2020

What's not working? Did you updated the base firmware and Hub firmware?

Working fine for hundreds or thousands of users so the issue must be somewhere on your side.. Or your BME is broken.

edited November 2020

Why that agressiv? And, for sure, there are not hundreds of thousands sold of them ..

And as i can read in this forum, all have the same problem! CSW ver 2.5 and the PBME.

Now, does not work means that no buttons work. Is there anyting else then buttons on it?

As i allways do, all fw updated. (I m not new on fanatec or IT).

Thank you for a helping hand in order the one above...

Roly

• Well for everyone else the BME works fine on the CSW V2.5.

So what exactly isnt working? On which platform? Did you updated all the firmwares?

And btw of course hundreds or even thousands of BME units were sold... ;) and I am sure by now hundreds of them are used on a CSW without problems so there must be something wrong with either your setup or your BME is faulty.

edited November 2020

Maurice, it'ts a win 10/64. Driver is 380 pc beta. WB fw is 679.. SW fw is 3.

The Button Module Driver is the 356 .. BUT as i can see it's a 32bit version!

Have no problems at all with any wheels .. but the PBME has no function.

The LED seems to work. No button is working. Not in a game and not in the fanatec menu.

Thanks anyway.

roly

BTW hundreds and/or thousands .. is not the same as hundreds of thousands .. ☺️

• I never wrote hundreds of thousands.

And I think your BME is broken and needs to get replaced. Best is to contact support.

• Thank you.

Yes, sorry, my fault! Beg you pardon.

Roly

• i can confirm that the BMEP works well with podium hub and csw2.5.

I'm not sure if Fanaleb's ITM works. There is no telemetry data on the led screen.

• Press Tuning Menu Button and turn the Funky Switch to scrollt through the ITM pages.

• edited November 2020

Make sure you use Fanalab 1.53 and driver 381 with included firmwares.

If it's still not working you afe doing something wrong and yoh should watch some Youtube tutorials about the ITM.

• what an idiot I am. you said "Press Tuning Menu Button and turn the Funky Switch to scrollt through the ITM pages" but I didn't understand press at the same time. thanks for your availability and kindness