Steering Wheel Lost Center During Race

Hello everybody,

My steering wheel lost the center during the race (wheel stays around 30-40 degrees on the left) which case was happened twice last weekend. After that I restart the device, I did steering wheel calibration and it is fixed finally. It was happened in Assetto Corsa Competizione and I do not try it any other game. I have searched the case on the internet and see many different reasons to cause this problem. Accident during the race, it might be dust in wheel base etc. Is it normal situation or device / software problem? I have shared the situation with Fanatec Support and they did not reply it yet.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Murat,

It is not normal to lose centre, unless it is related to game physics intentionally providing an off-centre signal due to vehicle damage. A real loss of centre can be a result of dust on the sensor, but there could be other factors too. Please wait for our support team to get back to you.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks for your explanation. I am waiting for support teams response.

• Hi Dominic,

I have opened support request from your web site last Monday morning. A day later I send a remember and still no answer for my problem. I have checked my e-mail spam folder and don't see any reply.

I send you direct message this morning and still no answer. Please just give me advice how I can get proper service support from Fanatec.

To be honest, I am disappointed a little bit. Fanatec is really premium brand in my mind and I spend more or less 1.000 € for my product (include tax and shipping). I believe in that you should have better service support reaction time.

My device is really new, I have just received it 3 weeks ago. Is it possible to speed up reply time of my support request?

Thanks for your help.

Murat Toplu

• Hi all,

According to my experience in past couple of weeks in ACC game, Fanatec CSL Elite F1 "steering wheel lost center during race" issue is not caused from the device., I can say that it is related with the game physics due to heavy vehicle damage in the race. I had several serious accidents in the race, after some heavy accidents steering wheel lost the center. Everything is turn back to normal after ending the season.