[Resolved] Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2 Update)

I recently updated to Windows 10 October 2020 update and afterwards my DD1 stopped working. I could no longer go to Properties page and wheel base failed to respond. Windows reported a driver error and essentially disabled my wheel base. The control panel change in this Windows 10 update broke the Fanatec drivers. I'm running v372 of the. Don't know if this issue affects v380RC drivers, so I hope there was testing done on it.

Comments

• Windows 10 20H2 does NOT break Fanatec drivers in particular, you just have to re-install the drivers like with EVERY big Windows 10 update since years... I am using 20H2 since day1 without any issues (after re-installing the driver).

• Unfortunately it's 'group wisdom' that Windows10 updates make the Fanatec driver stop working. The Fanatec driver cannot warn you for this, nor indicate that you should re-install after Win10 has been updated so every user needs to go through this (at least) once.

So just uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, update firmware if you want, recalibrate and you're off again.

• Now I know and it's working after reinstalling drivers. Maurice made sound like it's common knowledge, which isn't. It's against how drivers work in Windows; you don't reinstall graphics, mouse, keyboard, etc drivers when updating to the latest windows. This should be added to the changelog.

• Actually you should also reinstall your Graphics driver after every big Windows 10 update and also some sound card drivers will be wiped during a big Win 10 update.

So actually it is how Windows handles their updates and you can read plenty of stories about this on Google...^^

Just know for the future to reinstall the Fanatec Driver and yohbafe good to go

• Please link the Microsoft recommendation on reinstalling all drivers for each Windows 10 update. I've updated multiple updates and never have had any driver issues afterwards. I've only owned my Fanatec wheelbase after the May update, so this is the first time experiencing this with any device driver. Current Windows 10 update model is a service that is focused on incremental feature updates and bug fixes; you're thinking of previous versions of windows that had driver issues.

Anyway, people love to be right, so you are right, everyone should reinstall drivers because Windows 10 update wipes all drivers.

• i just updated windows to 20H2 and its stopped my wheel and pedals loading up, after looking in device manager i can see usb drivers look like the problem, i have tried uninstall and install new drivers, something like this should never happen after an update, anybody have any fixes please

• This is normal. After every big Windows Update you need to reinstall the Fanatec driver.