Can anyone help with this BSOD bad_pool_caller wdf01000.sys - from the fanatec drivers

I have tried literally everything, and it seems beta drivers 380, 373, and 356 all gave me the same BSOD's

I looked up how to check if the issue is from drivers and when I open up cmd prompt and use "verifier" and then restart windows, it would just go into a BSOD boot loop and the only fix is to revert back to a time before the fanatec driver was installed.

I've completely wiped the m.2 ssd and reinstalled windows 10 on it, and it still happens... The BSOD even popped up in the middle of installing the drivers some times.

Then Marcel asked me to pull the fanatec log files to see what's in there and I wasn't sure anything would be there, but the last install went through and all seems fine but the log file shows differently.

2 of the log files say this below... Can anyone tell me if there's something that I can do to fix this and make sure the driver installation goes through fine? I tried on win10 2009 and i also had 20H2 and the same things would happen. This started to pop up mid-race yesterday when iRacing froze mid-race and I started to research the issue...

Endor FW Forcefeedback Driver

Build: Apr 1 2020 13:58:50

Call : 11/4/2020 22:50:39

SystemInfo PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (x64 - AMD or Intel)

OSVersionInfo Version Number = 6.0

OSVersionInfo Operating System = Windows Vista

OSVersionInfo CSD Version =

** FW-FFB Error tracing for C:\Windows\System32\MsiExec.exe **

[START TRACE]

=============================================================

and then theres 2 others... heres what the FWFanatecSetup log file said also:

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

Call: Apr 23 2020 09:59:50

OSVersion: Windows 10

[START TRACE]

Install Start

ASDeleteDesktopShortcut failed!

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060

Service does not exists

Remove service: ServiceOpen failed

ASServiceUninstall failed!

ASPreInstallRegistryCleanup: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 183

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::RegistryPropertySet SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 13

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060

Service does not exists

Windows10SetupInstall::ServiceOpen failed

Comments

• Could you list your system specs?

Since the drivers you mentioned run fine for just about anyone else, and re-installing Win10 does not help, I suspect something with your hardware config and/or its specific drivers that are causing the issue.

When you install the drivers, do you have the Fanatec hardware connected and switched on? What USB port(s) do you use? Did you try connecting to different USB ports?

• edited November 2020

I ran a race just now, no issues..

PC Specs: 9900KS, RTX 3090 FE, 32gb@4000, m.2 nvme

The last time, i turned on the DD2, had Win10 say that it was installed, i restarted the PC, and after the restart i installed the drivers.