Help R330 vs ?

Hello good sirs !

I am trying to figure out what choice I could have and why I shouldn't choose the following.

If you can help me, that would be super great !

First of all : I will be playing with a DD1 mounted on a 8020 profiled chassis with VR on PC.

I'm looking for a steering wheel for : iRacing, Assetto and Dirt Rally 2, so I am leaning towards a round shaped rim.

This gives us :

• R330 rim
  • Podium Hub
  • Clubsport button pack
  • Clubsport magnetic shifter

What do you think of that setup taking in account that I will be buying a F1 wheel in the future ?(V2).

I feel that the Direct access to settings is not that much of a value to me as I'm a VR user and in all cases I'll have to drop the headset so... I can definitely use keyboard and mouse that are reachable or even an xbox controller.

Same applies for fancy lighting options that I'm sure are handy but again useless in VR.

Thanks for reading my lines and Enjoy !

EDIT1 : I have a streamdeck with 15 cutomizable buttons, do you reckon this will be enough ?

Comments

• Trust me - you'll miss the funky switch.

Best bet currently is to sub the podium hub for the universal hub. It's old and ugly but functionally better than the universal hub until Fanatec release more button plates to sit aside the Porsche one.

PS - I also only race in VR. I have the Porsche wheel on a Universal Hub with the PBME, the Classic 2 on a Universal Hub and the McLaren GT3 wheel - using DD2.

• Thanks for your input mate ! Let's go for the universal hub then. :)

• I was stuck between the R300 and Porsche GT3 wheel. The biggest turn offs of the R300 is that it’s smaller than the GT3 and I really dislike the button setup. That Button module is totally awesome. I race in Vr and I’m sure all the hud and button caps will be wasted but I’ll just have to feel around for them.