DD1 uncontrollable in end position

In Iracing I have set my [SEN] as auto and when turning the wheel fully to the left or right the Force feedback kicks in very hard and becomes very twitchy. Even when the car is standing still. I do not have this with ACC. Any thought what could be the cause?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Justin,

What you're describing is not directly related to SEN.

As far as I know, iRacing doesn't read the 'Auto' setting of SEN, so it will treat it the same as having SEN set to 1080. It doesn't really matter whether it's exactly 1080, the important thing is that you have calibrated the steering within iRacing AFTER you have set the SEN value. SEN is purely there to set the amount of rotation that the base will allow, and you shouldn't adjust it again after an in-game calibration.

As with almost all modern sims, iRacing automatically applies the correct amount of steering rotation per car once it knows how much rotation the input device allows. You can see this from the behaviour of the in-game steering wheel, or the little HUD element that shows the steering input. If you have followed iRacing's calibration correctly, then the in-game wheel will rotate at the same rate as your physical wheel, and the simulated lockstops will vary by car, as you'd expect in reality.

What you're probably talking about is the way the force feedback 'bounces' off these simulated or 'soft' limiters. This behaviour varies by sim, depending on the physics engine and how the FFB signal is processed.

iRacing has a setting in their app.ini that allows you to adjust the severity of this:

[misc] steeringBumpStop_Deg=

A higher value should tame it.

[Fanatec Community Manager]