CSR Elite Pedals Brake Failure - No pressure or signal

edited November 2020 in Pedals

Hello everyone, hello Fanatec-support and community,

I have got a Problem with my Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals. (Photos in the End)

I have been using them a lot and without problems, till yesterday.

It was yesterday when I used them to race and mid cace it made a "crack" sound when braking. (one time)

After that I prognosed that I'm gonna make the Verstappen and my Brake will have a failure... So said a couple of laps later (5 Minutes) I wanted to brake, and so did I, but it cracked again and the brake lost it's pressure and input.

After that I turned everything off and took a look at my pedals. The problem of this dicussion is my brake! I can easily press my brake with a single hand (which I couldn't do anytime before!) and the input as I said was 0. I guess that the "hydraulic" part or where the pressure comes from has a leak, crack or something like that. The Load Cell has some kind of "Oil" or fluid on it, which I think comes from the Oil-pressure thingy.

I asked some friends that also have Fanatec hardware and also my ACC community for help; they said that I should go to the Fanatec forum :)

Here I am, looking if anyone can help me with that problem.

I am from NRW, Germany :)

And of course if there's any need to look something up or if someone tells me what I should dismount and make a photo I'll give it a try and post it - Till now I completely left it untouched and only took photos.

Thank you all!

Flo

Comments

• edited November 2020

Soooo - I opened the box of pandora. I found out that the load cell is indeed very oily, i cleaned that. And I think I found the problem, still don't know for 100% as I would want a conformation.

What did I find? First, I cannot loosen up the last screw or the little 2 pins at the side of the black box. The Black box, where the pressure comes from, has a broken "sponge" thing in it. (photo aswell at the end). On the splitted half it is very soft and spongy... think that is broken and might cause the lost pressure. On the other side the sponge is hard and I'm not able to squeze that side.. (so that's why I think that there is a pressureloss cuz of the broken side).

Can anyone confirm that the sponge is a valid source of pressure loss and input loss? Or maybe the black box itself got a crack/ something broken in it cuz I pressed too hard, too often .... you know :)

And can I get a new "sponge" from Fanatec directly? Maybe contact the support? Or is there a valid seller?

And now the photos (I cleaned the load cell after the picture... I think the load cell is ok)

(The first photo is aswell before I got the sponge out.. so you see the broken sponge, there is another sponge under that, which I cannot reach, might be broken too, i dont know)