Dual clutch not working RFactor2

Hello,everyone!

I was wondering why my dual clutch is not working most of the time in RFactor2 ?

If I look in the calibration in Rf2 settings,everything is working correctly ,but when I start a race I have one paddle (left or right does not matter) which acts as a clutch pedal.

Sometimes it just works like it is meant,but most of the time it does not,which makes shitty starts if you assume the dual clutch is working..

Hope somebody has an answer for this.

Cheers,Hans

Comments

• Seems fine in RF2 settings when I release one clutch paddle.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Hans,

The dual clutch system works at a firmware level, so there shouldn't be an issue specific to RF2. If it works sometimes then perhaps there is a hardware issue - does the behaviour of the dual clutch activation appear correct in the Fanatec properties page (the clutch axis reading) ?

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi,Dominic

I just have checked the properties page,and the strange thing is that the paddles are moving the blue beam,but I see nothing recorded at the upper icon,I will put at foto,so you see what I mean..

• I think it is game related,I have tried my other (F1) steering wheel and that did not work too.

Should be a big coincidence if 2 different steering wheels have a faulty double clutch.

If I use another car like R8 Audi ,not my favorite,the double clutch seem to work,so my guess is that it is something game related..

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Hans,

That display in the properties page is normal. The clutch bite point mode works entirely on a single clutch axis, which is why it works with any game that supports a normal analogue clutch input. It allows you to control a partial clutch axis release with one paddle, and then the rest of the release with the second paddle.

If you switch the analogue paddle mode to throttle and brake mode you will see the paddles operate on the throttle and brake axes (this is a good way to test if their inputs are working correctly).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Ok,thanks for the reply,I will give the brake/throttle setup a try,see what happens..

• I know this is a few months late. But did you manage to figure out the APM dual clutch paddles with Rfactor 2?

I also cannot get them to work properly. It is using just one paddle with the same level of sensitivity as the foot clutch. The clutch bite point settings on the wheel have no efeect at all. But they work fine in all other sims.