Question on CSL elite pedals & load cell brake

I have recently upgraded from a Thrustmaster T150 with T3PA pedals to a CSL elite wheel and pedals.

I love the wheel but the brake pedal not so much... I play on a portable rig, so it's not fixed to the floor. You have to press the brake too hard, to the point it bends the rig. I also feel like I have no feel for trail braking because it's either no brake or "press it as hard as you can".

So I have a few options / questions.

1. Is there a softer foam available for the standard CSL Elite pedal?
  2. There is meant to be an option in the settings to decrease the brake pressure required, to get to 100% pressure. I can't find it because the options in the menu are not the same as in the online manual. It's called 6.3.9 BRF (brake force) in the manual. I do not have that option. https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/e1/b6/b0/CSL-E-WB-Manual-EN_Web_03_MOT29kfO9WUJRvu.pdf
  3. If I did get a load cell brake, can I set it up so it requires less pressure than the standard brake? N.B. I am not particularly happy about having to buy an extra brake just to get any feel on the brake pedal, because I think the standard pedal should be better than it is for the price (it's worse than the T3PA brake in terms of feel).... But either way, if I do get it, I need it to require less pressure than the standard brake, so I can actually have some feel and so it doesn't bend my rig.

Thanks.

Mike

(logged in to my wife's account because she bought me this for my 40th).

Comments

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited November 2020

You will have BRF setting only if you a have load cell brake pedal.

You can try the potentiomer brake pedal without the  PU foam damper and see how it feels. But you will have to find rubber similar to the throttle pedal to put in the place of the foam damper.

• "You will have BRF setting only if you a have load cell brake pedal."

OK thanks for that info.

Regarding the load cell brake, can I set that to be relatively easy to press?

Using this brake without the foam is a no-go... Basically no resistance at all.

• Regarding the load cell brake, can I set that to be relatively easy to press?

That should be the case, but I don't have the load cell brake pedal to be able to compare exactly what is the weakest pressure compared to the potentiometer brake pedal.

• I had the same problem and as mentioned changing the BRF setting on the wheel to 20-30 means I no longer have to pressed the brake so hard it moves the pedal plate across the floor.

I get my rig delivered in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to turn the BRF setting back up!

• Is that with the load cell brake? Were you able to adjust the foam / rubber rings to not require a massive amount of pressure to press the pedal?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

The lowest BRF setting when using the CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit is very sensitive and only takes a light press to achieve maximum brake input. It is so light, that you can almost use the pedals on the floor without being hard-mounted, but that depends on a few factors - your braking technique, how much you lean on the heel rest, how slippery the floor is, etc. It is always best to hard-mount, or at least have the pedals braced against a solid object.

[Fanatec Community Manager]