Fanatec Driver 381 Release Candidate for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Hello! I just wanted a small help with a setting of my wheel. I changed some settings by accident but directly from the wheel not from Fanatec's app on PC. After I changed the settings you can see the "CHECKS" that appear on the picture below. What does Venom Hurricane and Pace Wheel exactly mean? When I try to disable the one, it automatically checks the other..

• Hi,

I've just bought a similar set-up with DD1 PS4 and the Porsches GT3 Podium wheel. Everything is working great except for the APM paddles and the toggle switches on the PBME. Drivers & firmwares all updated using v381.

These work no problem if I use the Formula style wheel but aren't detected in ACC or F1 2020 on Playstation.

Did these work for you with this version of the drivers/firmware?

Thanks

• The APM Paddles as well as the toggle switches didn't work for me either on the PBME, but I haven't tried it with the F1 wheel, as I've never used it so far.

In the meantime, I've swithed to a PC some weeks ago, so I've done no more investigation on the PS...

• edited December 2020

Same here. Had tried everything with the help of support but couldnt make it work. (F1 was working great)

I think it has to do something woth the electronics inside the wheel.

Then about 3 weeks ago moved to the dark side (PC) and stopped the trouble shooting. 😇

• Totally off topic here, but it was the best descision ever to swith the system....

Everything's working without the system's limitations, iRacing in 4k instead of ACC in i900 on a PS4 Pro and of course the use of Fanalab with a dedicated settings set for each individual car.....

• Michael & Alexandros, thank you both for your help and input.

I may switch to PC at some point but as I would definitely love to get Assetto Corsa running with mods better than my current PC can run it! It's been about 10 years since I built a gaming PC though and not sure I can be bothered with the faff anymore of constant windows and drivers updates....

I did a bit of testing with an Xbox Universal hub that I have for my R300 wheel, connecting the PBME and APM to that instead of the Podium Hub.

Interestingly, the toggle switches on the PBME both work in this config. The APM paddles still aren't working though.

I'll raise a support ticket as it does seem like there is some mapping of inputs that isn't working 100% when in PS4 mode. If the Formula V2/APM wheel inputs can all work then it seems like the PBME plus APM should also be able to work.

I can either use my Formula V2 or this partial workaround in the meantime but it would be great to get it all working as I think I prefer the feel of the Gt3 wheel overall.

Cheers

• Some odd reason my CSR Elite V1 pedals work fine in iRacing but if i play like AMS2 or Rfactor 2 the pedals do work execpt the brake.

• Have tried all the MPS positions and none of them made the toggle position switches to work.

• Yeah, I don't think that MPS selector does anything with the toggle switches. It just adjusts the behaviour of the analog paddles on the APM, e.g clutch bite point etc.

The PBME toggle switches (little black ones above the rotary dials) and the second APM paddle switches (above the gear up/down) are the ones that aren't working with the Podium Hub on Playstation. If I change rebuild the wheel using the Xbox universall hub instead of the Podium one, the toggle switches do work in Playstation mode.

Hopefully just a mapping bug that a driver/firmware fix can resolve. I'm trying to raise a support ticket but not convinced it is working having tried various browsers/computers/mobile devices! Will follow-up in the new year if I don't hear anything back.

• Just realised I got mixed up re MPS selector. However, I think that changes the mode the rotary switches are working in, e.g. pulse/constant etc, and isn't to do with the toggle switches.

cheers

• please keep in mind, that functions can be limited by the console before you contact support.

• Thanks Sascha - indeed but given the equivalent inputs work fine on the Formula V2 wheels in both Playstation versions of ACC & F1 2020 it does seem like a bug, especially when the Podium and Universal hub are showing differences in how they work too. Hopefully something that can get fixed for us.

Cheers

• lee taylorlee taylor Member
    edited December 2020

since i upgraded to this official driver i can feel cogging in the wheel now, leave the wheel sitting for a while and then you can feel cogging when you turn it, this is csw 2.5

• Hello guys and merry christmas! Sorry for this topic in a different kind of forum but can anyone tell me a way of changing the language of the co-o driver's voice in WRC 9 (pc). Appreciate it thank you!

• Hy Guys and happy holiday.

Maurice my dd1 manifests various problem on raceroom. sometimes it gives me the feeling of broken bearings , sometimes lose the all controll on the wheel. but I test in fanatec wheel it works properly.

driver 381 wheel base 680 motor 40 steering wheel 38

• Yesterday I installed the 381 version of my PS4 CSL before I had the 373 beta version. Today I uninstalled V.381 and installed V.346. Only the vibration of the accelerator pedal works for me. Did I have to downgrade the versions from V.381 to V.373 and then later to V.346? Thanks

• No but if you downgrade you obviously need to flash the older firmwares again. Why would you downgrade to such an old driver anyway..

• Pedro BrandaoPedro Brandao Member
    edited December 2020

Hello,

I am using this driver but when i try to update the module firmware it fails to connect.

Solved.

Just need to enter the second usb controller for fanatec :)

• where can i download the previous official driver? the motor doesn't seems as good now, little more grindy, plus i'm feeling notchyness

is it the same 328 driver that's in this beta section of the forum? or is there a legacy download section?

• The newest and the one before official drivers are both available on the download pages of each product.

Newest official driver is 381, the one before is 346.

• 328 was the last official one on the website from what i remember

will the new mclaren wheel need an up to date driver?

• Yes the new McLaren can only be used with driver 381 onwards. And the last official driver for every base was 346 before 381.

• Wheelbase: CSL Elite PS4

Pedals: Clubsport V3

Wheel: Clubsport Formula V2

driver Version 381

Base FW Version: 680

Wheel FW Version: 38

System: PS4 Pro (latest Firmware)

Game: Assetto Corsa Competizione (latest Version)

After updating to driver version 381 the thumb enconders doesn't word correct. You say in your notes "Fixed: Thumb Encoder Inputs inconsistent / missing. Adjusted PS4 Thumb Encoder handling, because detection was worse after last release."

But with the update I have to do up to 6 clicks to get an adjustment in game. In Assetto Corsa Competizione (PS4) I use the right thumb encoder vor ABS increase/decrease. On the left thub encoder I set up/down changes for HUD. Sometimes thumb encoders react after first click but most time I have to click several times. Before the FW Update (used FW 346) it worked perfect. I checket it in F1 2019, same problem.

On PC in Fanatec setting app every click click is shown by blue indicator. So I think it’s not a hardware Problem.

Also the vibration motors of the V3 Pedals doesn’t start. Before the update the motors start after engine start in Assetto Corsa Competizione. 

• Wheel Base: CSW 2.5
    • Steering Wheel: Universal Hub for XBOX ONE
    • Driver Version: 381
    • Base FW Version: 680
    • Motor FW Version: 22

I am unable to get V3 pedal rumble feedback whilst using WRC9 for XBox Series X (or One X). The Wheel Properties test page demonstrates that my rumble motors are working. The BLI feature also works universally. Just no WRC9 interactivity. I have switched on all rumble features within Fanalab. I have also tried switching BLI to off.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

• Fanalab is not working on Xbox.

And because the Xbox does not support features like LEDs and the Display I highly doubt that pedal vibration is supported on the Xbox...

So I fear nothing you can do.

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited January 2021

Does the CSL Eilte pedals with the loadcell kit work with Driver version 261 while being connected to PC via USB? That's the driver where my ancient CSR wheel works best, and running Driver 346 doesn't allow me to see or adjust the CSR's properties, even though the wheel works in most of the sims I play.

I do have a problem when the last sim I ran creates a soft lock for the CSR to run at 540º, but when I switch to a game that doesn't create or remove soft locks (like Forza 7), the wheel thinks that the CSR is still running 900º. If I change the setting in Forza to match the CSR's 540º, the wheel acts like it only has 180º of rotation or so.

If Driver 261 works with the CSL Elite pedals in USB mode, then I'd happily switch back until I get a new wheel.

• no it doesn't. Driver 261 doesn't even know that the CSL Pedals exist, so no chance of running them with this old driver unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.