CSW 2.5 questions

Hi,

New here.

I’ve got a CSW 2.5 for 1+ week now. I play truck simulators and AC.

Very satisfied with it, I am however experiencing some weird behaviour.

I have been able to isolate the problem and would like to know if other owners can experience or reproduce the same problem.

When I start the wheelbase, the wheel turns very smooth. After 10-30 minutes a slight notchy feeling develops in the steering wheel (possibly caused by the motor. Sooner or later it becomes noticeable in such a way that it affects the feeling and immersion. When quitting the game the notchiness won’t disappear. Restarting the wheelbase immediatly solves the problem. 

I’ve experimented with different settings and drivers. 

So far the notchiness won’t develop in any of the tested drivers when the Damper and Force Effect Intensity settings are at zero/off.

When I put these settings on (for example FEI= 40, DPR= 80) the notchiness will develop over time during a game session .

Turning the FEI and DPR off when the notchiness is noticable won’t make it disappear.

The notchiness was most prominent in Driver 374. In Driver 380 it took significantly longer before the notchiness starts developing.

In Driver 328 the notchiness was not there / barely noticable.

While using each driver I flashed the latest corresponding firmware for the wheelbase and the motor.

This issue drives me really crazy because I don’t know what the cause is. 

I am unable to record the notchiness on camera because it can only be felt in the steering wheel.

Comments

• Do you notice the cooling fans of the wheel base coming on before the notchiness becomes noticeable?

• I usually play at non-aggressive FFB levels where the fan doesn’t kick in (at least not noticable).

I am unable to relate the fan noise to the notchiness am experiencing.

Today I called the Fanatec telephone and they send me a different driver version which I will be testing tomorrow.

• Gary SGary S Member
    edited December 2020

I have the EXACT same issue. I play ACC and after about 10-15 mins of laps, I stop the car and as I slowly turn the wheel side to side I feel a cog like notchiness to the wheel.

I can confirm powering on and off solves the issue temporarily.

I am using the latest beta driver too....not sure if this is causing issue.

• Can you tell me if you found a solution. I too am having this issue with a new wheel. You can see when I hit the notch in the video. I can them work it out and it goes away until I start again and it builds back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0uZxXmWKv0

• I have the exact same issue

• I seem to have this issue as well.

I got my CSW2.5 in February