site dead

just added into cart then the site is totally dead.

Comments

• yes. Its Black Friday and the webshop always dies in the first hours of Black Friday.

• edited November 2020

Got my stuff! I feel a bit emotinal :) and can’t wait for the gear to arrive!

• about an hour of refreshing ... i put yesterday already everything in my basket. :)

• edited November 2020

Big joke, in 2020, Fanatec is not able to have a site that holds up on Black Friday ?!?. loool

• Yeah. They are making millions net and can’t host a proper website. Shame. They don’t care about us

• Finanly got my csl bundle with load cell kit. It’s a very hard job to spend your money. I guess phone got more luck. Never got in from pc but through phone can got in very slowly. Good luck everyone.

• Good day,english is not my main language sorry for my bad grammar. I just want to clarify, is i am only the one who got this issue,or there some others?

So today at 8:11 AM (CEST) i've bought a gear (before site maintenance started). My payment method was Paypal. After i've paid and was redirected from paypal site to fanatec i got internal error (the system is busy.....). Now when i'm logged in my account, i don't see this order in my list of orders, and i dont get fanatec no-reply e-mail about order placement.

is this normal for blackfridays event? The order will show up after some time? First time buying on a blackfriday.

• I think you would better contact customer service. As fanatec mentioned in another discussion, if you didn’t get email and either nothing listed in you account ‘my order’. And payment has been charged. Please contact them. Tell them what you bought. Good luck.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi David, Xin is correct, you should absolutely contact us because your order may not have been fully processed. Please include details of what you wanted to purchase in your message.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• edited November 2020

Same issue here. I will try to contact the sales team but even that is a challenge at the moment. Ordered the CSW2.5 - CSL LC pedals and F1 carbon wheel.

EDIT:

managed to get the form filled and send :) took a lot of attempts but hey what can you do. Thank you for making great stuff tho Fanatec

• Thank you for reply.

i can't edit my message anymore,so i'm posting a new one. Ordered ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR.

• I've spent 7 hours trying to buy one of the Black Friday deals - multiple times added to cart, went to checkout then nothing.

It said there were only about 500 or so of the CSL Elite F1 packages left, so I started to get the feeling I would not able to buy one.

Finally I was able to get the purchase screen to come up and completed transaction with a load cell kit, a club sport shifter and table clamp.

Now just have to score a PS5 to make It all work.

I had one of the Original Thrustmaster FF wheels many years ago and haven't tried any of the new sims since that point.

Quite excited.

• Finally! Got myself a CSL-bundle + LC pedals.... nice!

Order via computer, impossible, but via cell phone no problem, just a little slow. Except from that, no problem.

TRY ORDERING BY PHONE, MIGHT WORK BETTER THAN COMP.

Regards

Robert

Sweden

• Where do I send my money...

The checkout screen keeps loading.

• Jason Smith4Jason Smith4 Member
    edited November 2020

Mission impossible, guess I'll see you guys next year, hopefully my GT driving force makes it another 12 months, would be nice if the forum didn't show your email address too. I only wanted 2 things from 2020 a PS5 and a fanatec wheel, I did get the ps5 at least.

• That really shouldn't happen if it's happened before, you fast run out of excuses for poor website performance the second time around, time to give the admin a talking to

• edited November 2020

Unfortunately its the immense demand. Same happened to nVidia and AMD the past weeks, and Sony and Xbox on their launches on Day x as well.

No web infrastructure can handle this immense demands on a certain Day X these days. Not much a admin can do here I think when even much bigger players like nVidia, AMD, all related webshops etc struggle with demand. Heck even the BIG Amazon was down when PS5 pre-order started...

• I wouldn't call a few thousand wheels world wide immense demand, it's not like they sold 200,000 thousand consoles. The computer I'm typing on now wouldn't have any trouble carting that many items over 4 hours and it's like a 500 dollar machine. It's just a really inefficient website. cdrom dot com could handle 2,200 concurrent users in 1996 :0

• And now I lost the discount from my cart... how's that possible? IMO no items should be silently removed from carts.

• I'm having a hard time checkout out too. I can't change my payment method, but assume I have it set correctly? Upon clicking Complete Payment I get just a post? to us-en/AdyenPayment which I believe should have been handled by JS? Any ideas? No payments appear to have been processed.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Olaf, I'm not sure, but perhaps it times out after a while. Please contact us via the website form or via the email "webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com".

Hi mclausing, you should be able to change your payment method before the checkout stage, in your account menu. There is a 'Payment Methods' section.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Tried to pay for 4 hours with master card changed payment type to paypal and was instant success. This site needs tidy up its ability to handle high traffic, was always a slow site before but now is nothing short of hopeless. Wait now for delivery sigh!