[RESOLVED] It Looks like Fanatec sent me a used DD2. This is getting old and frustrating.

So I ordered my DD2 around the 15th or 16th.

I finally get it in the mail today.

Upon opening the box up it looked a little odd like the box lood warn it fidnt look Brand spakin mew. Know exactly what I'm talking about.

I noticed what appeard to be little smudged on the dd2. So I wiped the off with one of those good rags you use for that type of thing

Several hrs later I was finished putting it together.

I noticed I didnt see a QC sticker so I inquired about it on fb.

So I was told to lift the panel and the Green QC sticker was there. And surely it was. But so was something else. When i took the panel off the saw a couple of nasty looking Staines in the carbon fiber and some serious looking scratches in the panel on the side you cant see when it's the base.

Immediately my heart dropped because it was like damn man I was so looking forward to this. I decided to go with fanatec for my first direct drive wheel. Not Simucube even though all I ever hear is GOOD things about them.

The Staines and scratches on the panel give off the impression that this for certain is not a new DD2. It's most likely a return or RMA unit that they decided to sell me. I payed for 100percent brand new Dd2. And I couldn't get that of course.

You checkout the pic and tell me if it's a common thing for 1500 dollar "Luxury" items to come this way

Or will people just try to play me and blame it on the pandemic. The facts are I payed for a service an item which was not supplied. I need an actual Brand spanking NEW DD2 FANATEC. JOT A USED ONE. LOOK AT THE MONEY IVE SPENT WITH FANATEC FOR THE LAST 3MONTHS.

ILL BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE.

Comments

• YOU need to contact support, send pictures, etc. and see what they say.

Posting here and expecting someone to contact you is ridiculous.

• I already sent the Info to fanatec before I even posted this. I know Alot of people just Love Fanatec to itty bitty bits and I love fanatec gear and their customer service has been nothing but helpful, polite and on point as far as I'm concerned. I just feel that for us to be spending such a hansom amount of money that a customer should have no doubt in his/her mind that what they have received is pristine all the way down to the new smell that you get with all the other new things we purchase.

It's not to cause strife or hurt peoples feelings. People ah ok old stop being so short sighted. It's really important how present your products to your fan/customer base. Presentation means alot. Whatever would help push fanatec to put their QC department in a vice grip I think is an good thing. Because it means that they hunker down on their obligation to us the fans/customers. .

From feb to to date I have purchased close to 5,000 dollars worth of gear with Fanatec.

I love all that gear. So thank you Fantec for providing me with the great gear that allows me to enjoy sim racing and helped grow my passion for this past time.

This isnt personal although sometimes one can feel like maybe they aren't as appreciated as they would like to think when a customer receives a high price product that seems as if it may be used.

• Mine is the same. I think it's real carbon fibre, and the side you see (the outer side) is sanded and finished. Typically the underside, or the side you don't see, is left unfinished and that results in a slightly scratched look. I'm sure your unit is new and there is no need to worry.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christopher, I can see that the support team has addressed your concerns, so I am marking this thread as resolved.

[Fanatec Community Manager]