Crackling noise in Formula V2

Hi guys,

I have the Fanatec DD2 + Formula V2 and the Advanced Paddle Module.

Overall I am very happy with this setup. But I have noticed from the first time using, that there is an annoying crackling noise in the wheel.

I can hear it when I have fast hits in the wheel. E.g. when you have fast weight shifts of the car or when you hit the ground after a jump in Forza Horizon 4.

It sounds like when you flex plastics.

I can't hear it with headphones on. But even when I hear sound through my Quest 2 speakers at the highest volume, I can hear it through the ingame sound.

I can imagine it comes from the material choice in this wheel but am wondering if only mine does that?

FFB is on 50%.

Best

Chris

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

If it's the sound of the plastic crackling, you can try loosening these two screws just a bit and it should go away. I had the same issue but these were a bit too tight. No issues now.

• Thanks for this. Tried this. I have also loosen all screws that hold the plastic part with the Fanatec logo. And put everything back together. Didn't change anything. I think the issue is simply, that this plastic cover doesn't fit 100% and this is causing the noise when it is flexing.

Will return this one. Unfortunately.