Podium Button Module Endurance with Universal Hub

I am reading some mixed information on the Podium Button Module Endurance. I see looking at the Fanatec instructions it does connect to my Club Sport Universal hub and that I can use it with my hub and Forza wheel. What I am reading mixed reviews on is will all the functions work. It seems like the module is a nice add on, but I want to make sure it will all work right. From reading it looks like future drivers where going to allow everything to work between the two.

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited November 2020

Hi Neal,

The Podium Button Module Endurance is compatible with the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox, but it is not physically compatible with the Forza wheel rim (there would be a clearance issue due to the shape of the spokes). The BME was designed primarily as a part of the 911 GT3 R replica steering wheel, it does not fit that many other wheel rim shapes. Please check the product page of the BME, there is a sizing template in the downloads section which can be used to check what rims would be suitable. From our side, these are the R911 (GT3 Cup Suede) and R911S (GT3 Cup Leather) wheel rims, plus the R300 wheel rim, which is the same shape but slightly smaller diameter. There are a few other rims from third-party manufacturers that also fit.

In terms of electronic compatibility, the limitation is not between the Universal Hub and the BME, but between some Wheel Bases and the BME. When the BME / GT3 R wheels launched, they were only compatible with the Podium wheel bases. Recent firmware updates mean that the BME / GT3 R is now also compatible with the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5. It is currently not compatible with any other bases. This is detailed in the Compatibility section of the BME / GT3 R product pages.

In terms of general functionality, the features of the BME are fully functional on PC, including the advanced display (ITM), enhanced through our FanaLab software. Certain specific features like the multi-position mode of the Multi-Position Switches are not available in some games - this requires game developer support (but usually the encoder mode works). On console, the basic features (most of the inputs) will work, and the RevLEDs and legacy mode of the display work on PS4/PS5. The more advanced features are available for developers to implement, but these are largely not supported in console games at the moment. There is also a general limitation on Xbox due to Xbox OS restrictions, this applies to all our wheels.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Is there a release date for the CSL Elite PS4 driver yet?