Price differences

Someone explain this to me:

Clubsport Universal Hub is marked at $349.95 ($279.96 Black Friday deal saves $69.99). I sign in and the price goes down to $314.31 ($299.23 BF incl. tax, saves $15.08).

Checkout screen says TAX $24.08 with $4.82 discount. SUM $374.03 and a $74.81 discount. Total $313.64 with tax & shipping.

Is the $314.31 on the product page an error? I don't know where this number comes from.

Comments

• Hi,

Fanatec is a European company - over there, the 'retail price' includes tax If you walked into a retailer and it said a TV was $500, you'd walk out paying $500

In the US, for most retailers, if you see a $500 tv, you can expect to pay $530-550 depending on the local tax rate.

From what I can tell of the Fanatec website, they're using the same internal accounting now in the US as they are in Europe so they've got some kind of weird price adjustments going on that include tax, this is why when you see your discount, they're also showing that small tax discount.

It gets a little weirder when you consider all the different tax rates- different areas might be off by a percent or two and I suspect that's the small difference between $314.31 and $313.64.

At the end of the day the most important thing is, you weren't overcharged. ;-)