Pedals v3 brake bending and not holding 0 position

My brakes are not holding 0 position, mid race I notice that the brakes are partially on while no pressure is on the brake pedal. I reset the low end via Game Controller properties which solves it for 20-30 minutes of driving, then it come back.

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Try resting your foot on the brake so there is a slight reading and calibrate the "Min" That should take care of it.

• yes, tried that as a variation, didn't work. I have also tried a variety of preload settings on the spring too. It just gets worse and worse each day, Wondering if I have a bad load cell.

• Have you cleaned and re-lubricated the Elastomer springs inside? They get sticky after a while, so that the pedal doesn't return the full way.

• DOMINIC TUSODOMINIC TUSO Member
    edited December 2020

I have only lubricated exterior. I will check on how to open it up. I

notice that as the room temperature changes from the 50s into the 70s the settings change. Dunno if the loadcell is to blame or if the different metals used growing and shrinking at different rates are to blame.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited December 2020

Michael is correct. Over time if you haven't cleaned and lubed the bolt or elastomers it could cause irregularities. Use a PTFE lube or the one which came with your pedals. Not a lot is needed. Here is a video on how to clean it.

https://youtu.be/_WHSrkIaCCw

• Wish that was in the manual as part of the other things they say need to be maintained. They mention maintaining other things, but give no mention to relubing the elastomers or how to do it.