Porsche 918 RSR with Podium DD1

Hello,

first of all, I apologize for my english. Since I'm not very good at it, I have to use a translator.

I received my Porsche 918 RSR steering wheel today. However, it doesn't work properly on my DD1. 

I've installed all the latest drivers. When I turn on the base and then put the steering wheel on the base, 

it is recognized correctly at first. Everything seems to be working.

If the base is switched off and the steering wheel is already attached, it will not work. 

If I then turn on the base, start it briefly and then turn it off again. If I then restart the base, the same thing happens.

It gets even crazier when the control panel has recognized the steering wheel and I then start the LED test. 

Then the display of the base starts to flash wildly and the steering wheel disappears from the control panel.

I thought maybe to update the steering wheel firmware. This opt-in is not available in the control panel.

What am I doing wrong?

Podium Racing Wheel F1; Driver 381

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited December 2020

If you've updated all the driver/firmwares, it sounds like a communication issue. Have you made sure that the wheel is fully connected to the DD? Sometimes it requires a firm push. Also check to make sure the pins and 5 screws are not loose or damaged.

• It's all solid.

As already written, when I plug it into the powered-on base, it works fine. 

If I switch the base off and then on again, the base only comes on briefly, 

the steering wheel turns 90 ° to the right, then back to the center

and then the base goes off.

Thanks for the hint.

• I have attached two videos here to show what is happening.

Video1 shows the behavior when I put on the Porsche steering wheel with the base switched on and start the LED test in the ControlPanel. Then the base literally crashes.

Base is switched on, then I put the wheel on. Everything looks normal at first, steering and buttons work. Then I start the LED test and what can be seen in Video1 happens.

Video2 shows the behavior when I first put the wheel on and then switch on the base. The base starts briefly and when the steering wheel is centered again, the display goes out. This happens every time the base is restarted.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Steffen,

I see that you are already in touch with Technical Support. I'm sure they will help you resolve this as quickly as possible.

[Fanatec Community Manager]