Porsche 918 rsr rim

I have a csl 1.1 and the f1 esports rim.... both work fine. Got the Porsche 918 rim on black friday, it came today.... when i hook it up to the base, it doesnt light up or anything and causes the little led on the csl base to pulse/flash red. HELP

Comments

• Bad luck, seems you got a defective one. Contact customer service, it happens but they will do something for you (maybe an exchange)

• Jesus, no word from service ? What do I do?

• Did you go through the website under your products support or did you sent a plain email?

• No i sent a support ticket... they have gotten back to me but a month has passed and they want video proof that its messing up and blaming my VR set for emitting an EMI pulse to disrupt the electronics (even though i have an f1 rim that works totally fine). The support is fustrating, to say the least. Its a faulty product that they wont return/exchange and i feel im getting screwed...

• Still support might be right because each wheel has different electronics and some are more sensitive.

Try to eliminate the VR and test it. Make a video with the VR totaly disconnected so you can eliminate this factor. If problem still remains I guess support will reply you with the next step.

• if a vr headset sets an emi discharge great enough to make this rim not work why does everything else work fine? b.s. excuse

• A) it is not an excuse because I dont work for Fanatec. Like the 99% of the users of the users in this forum, I am a paying customer

B) I have explained you that some rims depensing on the electronics used internally they might be more sensisitive to the pulse from VR.

C) Only helping you to trouble shoot and eliminate ONE of the probable causes so you can go back to support and say. “See... VR is totaly off amd problem still there. What is the next step”.

Now if you want to be stuck to your opinion and support to theirs I dont see you solving this issue quickly... 😉

• Its been less than a month, as you said it arrived on the 5th Dec. Support want to troubleshoot your issue, but you refuse.

Just prove to them that VR isnt the issue.

But hey, its up to you if you want to have an expensive paperweight and a good excuse to vent//complain about an issue which probably could have been sorted by now if you didnt have a massive paddy.

Each to their own

• I sent a video showing that the rim is messed up... Not to mention, why would all their other equipment of theirs I own work flawlessly? Going thru steps of "troubleshooting" hasnt done anything and for the past 2 + weeks I've yet to receive an address to ship the thing back for exchange. Its clearly an issue with the wheel rim, "troubleshooting" has been tried... I cant get a timely response on anything as simple as a return address. I'm not asking for a refund, nor a discount or any b.s.. Just an exchange, or RMA. If this were a "one off" or collectors item itd be a different story. But its not. Its one of thousands that is defective. RMA the thing, send a different one, end of day. Instead, not much other than a few "troubleshooting" ideas that havent worked.