DD2 not working after update

2»

Comments

• Hi,

I finaly got a RMA for my DD1, wait and see if they solve it or replace the unit.

• Same here sent my DD2 back last week. Hopefully they send me a new one it’s only 5 months old. For a item that cost $1500 you shouldn’t have any problems with updates. I could see if it was just a few people. But it’s more than that.

• Just got an email back from Fanatec on the RMA.

all they said so far was the pcba was the problem. They have shipped a replacement. Will be here Tuesday.,

• Great. Mine is still on its way to Germany.

• Same thing happened to mine. Fresh out of the box. Got an RMA and Will be sending it back tomorrow. I hope this doesn't happen again with the replacement, or Ill be getting a refund from fanatec or my credit card and buying a simucube.

The amount of people having this issue in various threads here and on reddit is ridiculous, it does not seem to be a firmware or PC issue.

• Shawn, did you get your replacement base ?

Mine has arrived at their office on tuesday 29th, still have no answer to my mails. Not a good user experience with support !!

• Hi, just received my replacement unit, update is done at first time. Will test it tonight.

• I get this same error and mine started not working after not being used for months. https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/702/CV1DSY5K4GDP.png I've tried all the steps above and submitted a ticket but no reply yet, any ideas on how to fix this DD1 issue?

• It could be a waste of time, but let's try with the latest driver v400 published today. If it still not work, you must wait for the support to answer you.

Since last novembre, I can count at least 4 guys in my league that had issues with their brand new device. All of us got a RMA, 1 repaired fine, 2 replacements, and 2 have just sent back their unit.

• Just to add to this, mine just stopped working the other day with the same issue. Seems pretty widespread considering this forum is so small. I've tried everything software related but it just gives me the same ping error message. I guess I'll try those specific steps but seems like a hardware issue at this point?

• Yep, you're in for a RMA

• Yeah just got my RMA today.

• Got a brand new DD1 on Thursday June 17 2021.. installed and tested on June 19th 2021... powered it off to take care of the family.. came back to this issue.... Happy fathers day!

• Just received mine from an eBay purchase that was like new never used. Same issue and I wish I would have known this before spending $1300 it’s very frustrating and now idk what to do.