Third party GT3 style steering wheel for BME?

Are there any GT3 style wheels that fit the Fanatec Button Module Endurance? I would really like to replace the Porsche steering wheel with something that has better visibility.

The only option I could find is a custom 3d printable wheel. Don’t know why Fanatec couldn’t create a simple product? Seems like the point with the BME was to have some wheel options available for purchase.

Comments

• Austen ChenAusten Chen Member
    edited December 2020

Or you can try finding a real world steering wheel with a 70mm mounting circle. I know there are plenty out there.

https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/f9/44/6f/P-BME-SizingTemplate_01.pdf

• Very few real world wheels clear all the buttons on the BME. I looked all over some months ago, but didn't find anything. So I ended up 3D-printing a spacer and modifying a third party rim a bit to fit the BME. I lost a couple of buttons, but it works OK until a better solutions arrives.

• Hehe, nice one! What rim is that? Did you design the spacer by yourself?

But I guess that the only way forward right now, sadly. Seems like a bit of a wasted chance to sell more BME's and rims with very little development time. It would also be a nice alternative for everyone that doesn't have 2000$-isch to buy the new upcoming "real" BMW steering wheel.

• Yes, the spacer is my own design :) The rim is from 3drap.it. (I won't link to it as I I'm not sure about linking to competitor's products on Fanatec's forum, but it is easy enough to find on their site).

• edited December 2020

Gave it another Google session. Sadly I cannot find a single gt/formula style 70mm wheel steering wheel that fits. =(

Closest thing I found was a Turn R20 steering wheel. But it also requires a 20 mm spacer. That's quite a lot. Would't be able to change gear. Hehe