A little baffled by the shipment delays and lack of communication

Well, it seems it's a recurring topic.

I purchased my setup on Nov 28th during black Friday deals, order was processed and all my gear serial numbers show in my account which leads me to believe the parts were on hand and ready to ship.

Only 5 out of 8 boxes shipped according to the FedEx master tracking number. Received 3 out of those 5 today. the wheel base, pedals, and e-brake, judging by the weight of the remaining packages, looks like I won't be receiving my steering wheel or shifter for a while. The 3 packages left have not even made it to FedEx after 7 working days. I do believe that the site say somewhere that orders take up to 4 days to ship.

I understand Dominic is the only Fanatec staff keeping an eye on this forum board. It would be great to have some info on how Fanatec USA is run so we can have a bit more patience in the process. Is it just an authorized dealer with a single guy doing this as a side job or is it a legit Fanatec distribution hub properly staffed? Right now, despite the pandemic, I think it is reasonable to say that the current lack of communication and shipping delay leaves a lot to be desired.

I am still very much looking forward to my setup being fully delivered as the product is one of the best out there, but a bit of reassurance would make me feel better about spending almost $2k.

If you care to look into it, the order number is ******.

Thank you and happy holidays.

C.

[Mod Edit - personal information protection ]

Comments

• I have said it many times over the years as I pop in and out of here from time to time, sim racing folks are the biggest impatient complainers of any group.

You want info on how fanatec is run...are you kidding! First none of your business, second what difference does it make at this point.

• I get your point, I think it's most definitely the US crowd that's impatient as we are way too spoiled here with instant gratification purchase from amazon and such.

Now as far as info, I did not ask about how Fanatec is run, just curious how much staff is at the Fanatec USA hub. The reason I asked is because I myself worked for a distributor of high end hobby electronics and we were two guys (one sales, one tech). But because of the brand's image, lots of people assumed we were an army of people running the whole thing. This led people to expect instant order processing and shipping, which was not the case all the time. That's currently my assumption for a company as renowned as Fanatec.

If the Fanatec USA hub was run in a similar fashion, then it would justify the delays experienced with processing, and I would definitely empathize with whoever is running the hub, especially during end of the year.

But let's be honest here, patience aside, you can't tell me that it's ok to take 8 working days to bring something to FedEx after receiving an order, when you obviously have it in stock ready to ship. This is where my grief is.

• I placed an order for shipment to Canada on Nov 29th, received confirmation that it was being processed on December 1, but nothing since. I sent in a ticket asking for more details. I understand it's a busy time, and definitely ready for long shipment times from the USA, but it's still disappointing for an in-stock product to not be packaged and shipped in over 7 business days.

• I thought I was in the same boat and was checking status in my account for the order and only saw serial numbers assigned (seeing as how on this forum people confirmed that no email updates are sent). But then I realized just a couple days ago that tracking numbers for shipment only show up when browsing on desktop when looking at my order page. On mobile, I have to switch to desktop mode to see them. 5 of my 6 packages cleared customs over the last couple of days since shipping on the 1st and I've been able to pay for 2 of them online. One more package got routed to the wrong city (good job Canada Post).

Anyway, if you see your tracking numbers, you can track them on USPS and Canada Post sites. Canada Post site have more detailed info after it crosses the border.

Fanatec definitely needs to step up on automated communication but hope this bit of info helps.