DD1 Wheel going crazy when spinning (iRacing)

Overall im pretty happy with my DD1. But whats a bit annoying is that if you spin or crash into the wall and let go of the wheel, the wheel as soon as it hits the set maximum steering angle it begins to oscilate pretty heavily. Im pretty sure this is not what happens in real life. Is there any setting to avoid that? Or did i set something wrong?

Sen - auto; FF - 90%; Lin - off; NDP - 50%; NFR - 15%; NIN - 5%; INT - 7; FEI - 100; FOR - 100; SPR - 100; DPR - 100; BLI- off; SHO - 100

ingame i have ticked the linearity, strength about 6 and wheel force 20nm...everything else off.

Btw with these settings i have managed to avoid oscillations on the straight with the chevrolet c8r.

Comments

• There is actually nothing you can do to avoid this. It is how iRacing have coded their FFB.

It Doesnt happen in other games so it's more an iRacing thing and until they update to a more modern FFB update Rate I fear you have to live with this.

(BTW I would turn down NDP a lot. 50 is quite heavy NDP which dampens a lot of FFB Signals you simply dont feel anymore; also it makes steering reaction way slower...)

• Ok thanks for the answer.

I think NDP helped me to avoid oscillations on the straight. But i will give it a shot, thanks for the tipp.

• I had the same problem.

Open the iRacing app.ini (its located in /documents/iracing) and set the steeringbumpstop to 200. This will solve the issue. Now you'll be able to hold your hands onto the wheel while spinning out, giving you a change to recover the car. Without setting this to 200, you can seriously hurt your fingers. Been there, done that.

• Denis, there is a new setting in app.ini :) They call it "FFBUseForceLimiter"

If this is enabled your wheel isn´t spinning arround that hard.