CSL Elite Pedals - noisy potentiometer

edited December 2020 in Pedals

Given these are brand new out of the box today, looking at the throttle slider - is this typical? I am having to dial in deadzones on 20 percent at min and max to counteract this...

Comments

• It looks like the symptoms of a worn potentiometer, but would be strange for a new set.

You did not pinch the throttle cable during assembly?

I think it’s best to contact support.

• Austen ChenAusten Chen Member
    edited December 2020
  • Pasqual - no, did not pinch the cable. I agree, I need to contact Support. This is what I would expect from a 20 year old TM Cougar pot, not a brand new Fanatec pedal.

Austen - yes, followed all instructions for both assembly and calibration.

• Update - I contacted Customer Support who very quickly arranged for the pedals to be collected for return to their London service centre (at no cost to me), and I received this morning (Sunday) an email to confirm the noisy potentiometer and the offer to either replace the pot assy on it's own or replace the pedal set complete.

As I know in myself there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the pedals with the exception of the pot, I asked for the pot to be replaced only. I got another email some minutes later to confirm work is done and tested fully, and I will have the pedal set back with me on Tuesday.

11/10 for customer service from Fanatec in this instance. I really didn't expect to have a resolution this side of the New Year, but Fanatec have really surpassed all expectations. I am confident the pedals will be 100 percent when I get them reinstalled too.

Huge thanks to Fanatec, especially Chris (Germany Customer Support) and Johannes (UK Tech).