ClubSport V2.5 Shift up paddle not working

ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase/formula carbon wheel/windows 10 pro/iracing.com

Thought I would post on here before contacting customer support. Just bought a brand new CS V2.5 wheel base and formula carbon rim. Items arrived today, got everything mounted, installed latest software and immediately (without testing the wheel) did the firmware update, everything went smooth.

Once the wheel rebooted, I opened the software (from game controllers dialog box) and tested all the functions. Everything works EXCEPT the right hand shift paddle (upshift). It is not being registered at all......to be clear....in the Fanatec software (i.e., this has nothing to do with any particular sim)

I've tried reinstalling the software, re updating the firmware, I've tried different USB ports...all the same..everything works EXCEPT the right shift paddle.

I am assuming this is a hardware problem and plan to contact Customer Support for help or a replacement, but thought I would post on here to see if anyone else has had the same problem. I have searched, but the only things I can find that are somewhat similar are people who are not able to get the shift paddles to work in certain sims. However, after reading those posts, their shift paddles worked just fine in the Fanatec software, and it was a button mapping issue in the particular sim they were using. Obviously that's not the case with mine.

thanks,

Brad

Comments

• try and check if the little Allen key screw within the quick release is on tight. If it’s not it might contribute to the electrics not registering properly.

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited December 2020

You here a click when you use the pedal?

Maybe also worth a try to remove the small plastic cover on the back of the wheel. Maybe the connector of the right shifter is not connected properly? To remove this cover you only need to remove the 2 small screws at the bottom on the front of the wheel.

See the video below at around 1 minute, it’s about the Formula V2 but that cover works the same on the other Formula wheels.