Outlet/cable management

As I'm going through the process of setting up my sim, there's no escaping that there are quite a few power cables in the system (computer, DD1 power supply, Buttkicker power supply, and one for each monitor). I have a surge protected (1200 joules) outlet expander, but am a little concerned about running all these cables through one outlet. How many amps does the sim draw when in use? The way the outlets are situated in my room, it would be very messy to split the cables between two outlets. Thanks.

Comments

• You can get cheap plug in power meters that are reasonable accurate - that way you can monitor draw. Don't know where you are but here in the UK the each socket is rated 240v at 13 amp - so just over 3.1kw. US is less, I think standard outlets are 120v at 15 amp so 1.8kw.

Plugging everything you mention into one outlet might be pushing things a bit , I know that my PC uses around 600-650w when in a sim, I've not measured my DD wheelbase but I'd imagine it peaks at around 350-500watts - maybe more. Monitors, how many and how big, probably not much though, I'd imagine well under 100 watts each. Butt kicker peaks are probably 200watts, dunno - not got one! You probably are ok but measure to be sure. I wouldn't do it that way though - I 'd run the rig from two outlets .