CS Formula V2, CSL wheelbase & pedals, PS4 & F1 2019

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been posted a million times before however have done lots of searching and can’t quite get a definite answer so wanted to see if you could help!

I recently bought a TM300RS with a view to upgrading over time however think I may have made the wrong decision and Fanatec, whilst a different price point, is the way to go. I am still in the returns period and so was thinking about doing this and upgrading to Fanatec. I have my eye on the CSL wheelbase and pedals and the Clubsport Formula V2 steering wheel but I will be running this through a PS4 and mainly on F1 2019 (and sometimes GT Sport). I’ve heard mixed reviews about compatibility with the PS4 and F1 2019 and so just wanted to check other people’s experiences? I’ve heard the rotating thumb encoders and the funky switches in the middle of the wheel don’t work... which to be honest would be the key point of getting the wheel to easily manage ERS/brake bias etc and so not much point if they don’t work.

I’m not particularly technical so not quite sure what is meant by drivers and firmware when running through a PS4 so please go easy on me!

Thanks in advance, it’s really appreciated!

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

You can run that combination as long as you have the "CSL Elite for PS4" wheelbase. Please also note the compatibility information provided on the the Formula V2 page.

• The functionality of this product on Xbox One or PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent.

This means that the features of the wheel on consoles are dependant on the game developers supporting the features. Some games like F1 2019 do support the wheels features. Drivers and firmware are always update via PC and independent of the PS4.

Hope this helps.