CSL Elite f1 wheel base ps4

I recently purchased the CSL Elite f1 wheel base bundle for the ps4 on Black Friday 2020. I also purchased the load cell brake pedal. I just hookup everything and it worked. I really thought that was way to easy!! I only play on the ps4. I 'm not at all computer savvy!!! So I didn't try to download any updates or new drivers.

One the second day I notice the gas pedal just lost connectivity. So I just unplugged it back in the module and then it worked. For only 4 days and had to repeat this again. So tonight it happen again so I thought I switch the pedal and clutch and see if it is the pedal or load cell module. Time will tell on that one.

Now I'm having problems with the f1 wheel. It will not active DRS on the 2019 F1 game. I unplugged everything and also took off the wheel. I even try to remap it on the wheel to a different button. Same thing happens it's flashing DRS, but the green check marked will not stay on. It's trying to connect but will not. Any ideas will be helpful, because I'm ready to just ask for a refund. I don't want to because I'm really enjoying racing with a wheel. Even if someone can direct me to a person with fanatec support.

Thank you.

Comments

• Update the drivers to the latest official.

There is always a reason that is mentioned on the instructions.

More over (although not an F120xx player) maybe you are applying slight pressure on the brake while resting your foot and this is why the DRS closes and not staying open. So better after updating the drivers and you are still in the drivers page, set up manually the minimum on the brake force while resting your foot on the brake. This way it wont active brakes even with the slightest of pressure.

• Thank you Alexandros for your reply. I did keep my foot from resting on the brake pedal and so far DRS is working perfectly. Do you have any advise on how to practice starting from the grid? I can not figure out how to start from the grid in multiplayer. I hold the clutch lever in and keep my rpm at around 10,000 to 11,000 let out the clutch and car doesn't move at all. I know I need practice but I can't find anywhere in the game to practice just staring. Any ideas would be great. Thank you.

• Hi buddy. So your DRS issue is solved now?

standing start can’t help you unfortunatelly cause I dont use F1. Only standing starts I do in RR and use the launch control in the game.

But in F1 titles I suppose it depends on your wheel. If you are using advanced paddle module or clutch on the steering wheel there are a few videos on youtube explaining how to set the bite point and how to do standing starts.