Lot’s of deadzone throttle pedal

Hello,

I bought the clubsport pedals recently and noticed that while in game or via the fanatec calibration/setup software the throttle pedals starts registering only when I already have pushed the pedals quite far (let’s say 50%, so quite some initial deadzone). I expected the pedal to start registering throttle the moment I push the pedal. I already tried setting the min and max level in the fanatec calibration/setup software. I have installed the load cell kit, but the brake seems to register just fine, so I don’t think that is related to the problem. I have tried connecting the pedals via the new club sport wheel base which I also bought recently with it and also separate via USB. Makes no difference. Is it best to connect the pedals via the wheel base of USB?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jonathan,

There should be no difference in performance between using the USB cable or the RJ12 cable. It is therefore better to use the RJ12 cable, because then everything is connected to your PC via a single USB, and you have access to the load cell sensitivity setting in the Tuning Menu (BRF).

You must not connect both cables at once, as this can damage the electronics.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your response!

Do you have a solution for the first and most important issue i have (throttle pedal deadzone)?

• Problem solved!

I managed to figure it out, it’s quite easy. For anyone who might run into this problem in the future: the sensor reads a magnet in a metal pin/rod that is screwed in the pedal. That metal pin needs to be in an exact position otherwise the readings from the sensor will be off. To position the pin correctly:

• Take off the sensor so you have better access to the pin
    • Unscrew the pin and use Something to push the metal pin out of the pedal
    • look at where the hole is in the pin, this should align perfectly with the hole for the screw.
    • insert pin correctly and screw it back on
    • Put sensor back on
    • Test With Fanatec software