Drivehub with Xbox One question

Hi all.

Does anyone have any experience using Drivehub in order to take advantage of the Formula V2 buttons with Xbox One?

I can't seem to find any documentation regarding this and don't expect it to work due to the limitations with the console but I figure it's worth an ask.

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

If you are referring to the Rotaries and MFS this is not possible for the exact reason you mentioned. MS protocols don't support these features along with LEDs. Maybe one day.

• edited December 2020

The Microsoft Controller-API does not know anything of rotating encoders, LEDs and things like that. Drivehub does not change anything with that, it emulates just a controller xbox knows. For actual Fanatec bases with the formula v2 this is not necessary, XBox recognizes them directly.

• Thanks a bunch to both of you for your responses. This was essentially what I had expected and now I'm certain that I won't be purchising this product. I'm super satisfied with the wheel as it is no matter it's limited use with the console anyhow.

Thanks again!

• I just purchased a DD1 and have XBOX and Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals. WIll drivehub allow me to connect these all together? Can't seem to get real help from the Drivehub team. I also want to use the rotating encoders though... That is why I bought the CSW Formula V2 wheel and DD1.

• If I remember from other posts and user comments, some buttons, encoders and other features are not supported by X-BOX in general.

Not sure if they will work through drivehub though since it might be a console limitation from Microsoft,

• Alexander is correct regarding the limited functionality of the wheel due lack of support from Microsoft. Although from what I understand the Drivehub will allow you use both the Fanatec wheel and Thrustmaster pedals together.

• Following up on my previous post about using the Drivehub. The DD1 connects to thru the Drivehub to the Xbox just fine. The T-LCM pedals are connected to the Drivehub via the CoPilot (also sold by Collective Minds) The CoPilot has the offset RJ - USB connection needed to connect to the Drivehub. The pedals are not working - anyone have experience with Drivehub? Not much support and I get the feeling it is not widely used. Do most people not mix vendor products on Xbox or do I need to get a strong PC?