CSL Elite F1 wheel is not working

Hi there.

I recently bought the CSL Elite F1 bundle. Earlier today my new PC arrived, so I installed everything and - of course - I wanted to use my new wheel.

I downloaded the latest firmware, switched on the wheelbase and pressed the mode button so that it was red.

However, I cannot change any settings. In fact, the Fanatec software doesn't even find the wheel (--> screenshot).

However, the steering and the pedals work. I can play F1 2020, but only steer from left to right or throttle and brake. BTW none of the LEDs on the wheel light up (they do on the wheel base).

Can you please help me? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Make sure your wheel is all the way in. (You can check that it is fully in by checking the allignment with the safety screw.

restart the base in bootloader by pressing the start button 10seconds and follow the whole procedure.

maybe during the update the wheel wasnt updated so update wasnt fully completed for some reason.

another thing for you might want to check are the pins of the wheel if all ok and if the small allen bolts are tight.

In the meantime create a support ticket from your account in fanatec website, adding the pictures and if possible create a video to skip a few back and forth emails.

• Thanks for your reply. Well, the pins look ok. I'll try the rest later. Hope to get it fixed but I am not very confident to be honest.

• So, there is one pin which is a little shorter than the others. Could this be the reason?

• Ok, thanks. Called the German support a few minutes ago. A very helpful person - I have never had a more helpful person at any kind of support. Fanatec will either send me a new wheel or a full replacement product. I've got to say that I am very pleased with this kind of service :-)