Xbox One Games Not Recognizing?

Hello,

Customer Service contact form isn't working, and I need a bit of help. Hopefully someone has guidance!

Sim newcomer here, finally took the plunge and recently purchased the CSL Elite Wheel Base+ , the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2, and the CSL Elite Pedals. Xbox One/PC compatible setup.

As I am going to set them up for the first time, I downloaded and successfully installed the Driver 381 (November 2020). The Fanatec Wheel Property Page utility for the wheel and wheel base shows my wheel moving, the pedals engaging, and the buttons pressing on my computer screen in the utility. So my computer is recognizing everything and noting the inputs. This is when the wheel base is in PC mode.

When I plug the wheel base USB directly into the back of my Xbox One and change the wheelbase to Xbox Mode, strangely I can navigate through menus on the Xbox One home screens, using the joysticks on the steering wheel and the pedals to scroll to select a game for example. When I pull up Forza 7 and Assetto Corsa, the games do not respond to the wheel. I checked the Xbox Accessories settings in the Xbox system menu, and only my plugged in Xbox controller appears there. I went through all of the instruction manuals for everything and I cannot find any steps that I missed. Is there something else I need to do in order for my wheel to work with these games?

Help!

Comments

• Not an xbox person but comparing with PS when we want to ise only the wheel joystics the PS controler has to be off.

in xbox MAYBE might be the same case OR maybe you will have to assign the joystics in game to act as game joystics similar to what we do in PC.

• Both games should work with your wheel. In the past I had no issues using a CSL wheel base on the Xbox within both games.

On Xbox you can use the controller and the wheel at the same time.

I think it's wise to check in game the controller settings by first using your controller to navigate. Most of the time you need to switch the game to let it know to use the wheel. If my memory is correct.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

If you are using Instant on it could sometimes cause issues so try Hard resetting the Xbox, Making sure the wheel is in Xbox mode before plugging into the Xbox then power on the wheel to wake the Xbox from Instant on. Should work.

• This did the trick. Not sure why it was being so difficult earlier, I guess you have to power on the wheel first, make sure its in Xbox mode and plugged in, then use it to push the Xbox button and turn on the Xbox. Thanks everyone for the help!