CSL Elite F1 PS4 with Playseat Challenge

Hi, I am considering switching from my current wheel to a Fanatec CSL F1 for PS4. Because of space, I have a Playseat Challenge with my current wheel (G29). I have searched online for this topic and I am getting some mixed views on whether the CSL Elite F1 bundle would work or not with the Playseat Challenge. I wonder if anyone can share their experiences in terms of mounting options and how sturdy the setup is. Can you recommend or not this setup?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited December 2020

Works like a charm I would say.

Have used the combination for sometime and was very happy with it. Even with the Load cell brake it was usable if you limit the force needed to get to 100% brake a little bit. You only have a bit of play from front to back on the wheel but not very noticable while driving and left and right play is almost not there.

Ofcourse a solid cockpit like something from Sim-Lab is more sturdy but also more expensive and not as portable.

• @Pasqual Demmenie: It looks awesome!

I learned that some people had to drill extra holes on it while others said just flipping the metal base plate would do the trick. Can you share what you have done with your wheel base? Also, my understanding is that screws are not included, can you share what type of screws you ended up using for the setup? And finally how did you secure the brake pedals in place? I've seen some people recommending strong zip ties.

Also, some people say it tends to feel very flimsy and the seat shakes a lot (with some cautioning for possible damage to either the wheel base or the seat). It doesn't look like you have experienced any of those issues.

Thanks in advance, your picture looks amazing!

Cheers

• I didn't need to drill any holes and could use the 3 standard screw locations. I believe I used the screws that where suplied with the Playseat.

I also secured the pedals with some strong zip ties at the back. On the front I was able to use the supplied strap. But maybe at the front a better mounting option can be created.

It's not the most sturdy cockpit but that is mostly in directions you are not using during driving. But it was able to handle all the forces during use. But did not have a lot of problems with heavy shakes. But that is maybe also game related. I didn't use this combination with iRacing. But maybe that one can cause problems during a crash.

In the mean time I upgraded my cockpit because of a DD1 that one is not suiteable on the Challenge, but my old Challenge is still used by a friend with a CSL after 2,5 years with no problems.

• That's great to know. Thanks for the info. I don't intend to use the setup for iRacing, so that's good to know too.

I wonder if anyone else has had recent experience with that setup but in any case your points were very helpful.

Thanks again

• I also use a Playseat Challenge with a CSL Elite and can only confirm what Pasqual wrote -> no drilling needed and also used the material/screws which came with the Playseat. I am very happy with this solution since it allows me to fold up the chair and store it.

• Hi.

Anyone have experience with CSL Elite + V3 pedals on a Playseat Challenge. I am in doubt whether to buy the Elite loadcell or the V3.

I have read that the V3 is a lot more difficult to fit to the Playseat Challenge.

Does anyone have experience with that?

Should I just get the Elite Loadcell instead of V3, when used on a Playseat Challenge.

• Hi,

Would be possible to have a picture of the screws & holes you used for the mounting?

Thank you

• Thanks for the post. Quick question for you, how did you mount the handbrake to the Playseat Challenge?

• Wow, Thanks a lot.