WRC Wheel Does Not Work on ANY CONSOLE

Honestly quite annoyed here but here goes. Really feel like I'm either doing something wrong or something just isn't explained at all

CSL Elite WRC Steering Wheel does not work with any console with

Have flashed firmware multiple times (which still says Firmware 1 and given the amount of reported issues I'm seeing, I'm sure it needs an update from Fanatec)

Have uninstalled and reinstalled software multiple times

Have tried on PS4, Xbox One X and Xbox Series X

Wheel isn't even recognised anywhere and only works with the X guide button

Games Tested:

Dirt Rally 2.0, WRC 9, Forza Horizon 4, Project Cars 2.

Have tired on Project Cars 3 on PC and that seems to work. But nothing on any console. Please help.

Comments

• Which Firmware version are you running on the Base (from which driver?)

• edited December 2020

What base are you using? I have this setup with CSW2.5. Xbox Series X.

Make sure the light on the base is green (xbox mode) if not press the squares & Y button together to change mode. If connected to xbox, it should be red on startup, then change to green automatically.

The base might need updating, I have beta 381.

FYI WRC9 does not support wheels on XSX. Yer, there's no support for the "official" wheel! Go figure!! I have no problem with other games.

• Arthur JamesArthur James Member
    edited December 2020

Howdy,

My CSL Elite 2.5 is not detected by WRC9 on the XSX. I get this 'reconnect controller' message all the time. Tried Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally 2.0 too

www.reddit.com/r/Fanatec/csl_elite_wrc_not_being_detected writemyessaytoday

• Do I need to install the latest required driver and/or flash the included firmware? Thanks.

• www.reddit.com/r/Fanatec/csl_elite_wrc_not_being_detected page

Do I need to install the latest required driver and/or flash the included firmware? Thanks.

Hello Arthur, honestly I cant solve the same problem too, any updates?

• i am a newb but at the risk of being a complete newb - I am just going to say this: have the same issue as OP - with a red circle on a WRC bundle with clubsport v2.5 base trying to get this going on an Xbox series x. But how do I update the fireware if I don't have a PC?

a lot of talk is about getting the base updated. But it doesn't seem to be possible on an xbox. surely one doesn't need a pc to do this. i am a Mac bloke so I just don't have a PC. surely if I buy a Fanatec bundle that is compatible with box - I don't have to buy a pc just to get the thing setup do I? that wouldn't be the deal?

cheers

mart

• You cant update the firmware without a pc or Laptop but you actually NEED to update the firmware to get new wheels working. So best is to find a Friends with a Windows PC to update the firmware of your base.

• Thanks Maurice for taking the trouble to answer that for me. That wasnt the news i wanted to hear. but at least i now know the problem. well thats very poor labelling from Fantec's part (unless i didnt see a disclaimer). Even the wording that talks about updating for a PC doesn't reflect that. its like its obfuscating the elephant in the room: that you cant use this device with the console it says its compatible with. it has to work - alongside - another device to get it working and ongoing. A device its perfectly likely that you might not have. poor show Fanatec (understatement).

Mart

• and for what its worth - i have done as you said Maurice and its worked :)

and the wheel is simply stunning. so incredibly nuanced and immersive.

so its such a shame that the expectations weren't managed and clear documentation wasn't provided at point of sale. it leaves a completely unnecessary bitter taste and tarnish on a clearly excellent product. its also a shame (and a royal PITA) that i have to borrow a pc to do this. but its not a deal-breaker and i dont hold that point against Fanatec as its the tech - i can see that. but i do the poor communication and documentation.

i do hope Fanatec are listening. it would be so simple to solve.