New Setup

Hi everyone,

Been a casual racer for the past 2 1/2 years now using a Logitech G29 while mainly playing F1, AC and GT Sport. Play mainly 4-8 hours per week so I'm sat on the fence with which upgrade path to go down...I've been doing a lot of research mainly on YouTube trying to find the pro's & con's of each. I understand whichever one I decide to get will be a drastic upgrade to the G29.

To get the CSW 2.5 with Formula V2 & V3 pedals

or to start 'basic' and get the CSL Elite F1 with the Non-Loadcell CSL pedals.

For someone who races occasionally like myself, am I worth while getting the CSW package or be happy enough with the CSL? Is it a comprehensive upgrade even if I only will use it a few hours a week?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Austen ChenAusten Chen Member
    edited December 2020

I had the CSW v2 and v3 pedals so that's what I'd recommend. The CSW is literally the best belt drive you can get before you drop money on a direct drive. If you're going down the CSL path, do yourself a favor and get the load cell pedals. Good set of pedals will make a real difference in lap time, and having load cell will do that for you. The v3 pedals already comes with the load cell.

Quite a few people upgrades their pedals and keep the G29 wheel base, so that's an option too.

• Keep in mind that the CSW v2.5  is not compatible with PS4.

• Whatever you get make sure to get the V3 pedals set. It will be well worth it whether playing for 1 hour or 4 hours.

Also make sure to note what @Hristo Goshev said.

• It comes down to what you can budget for and want out of the gear/experience when in the chair, regardless of the time spent IMO. Sounds like you already feel the G29 isn't giving what you want. ;)

I went with the CSW as I feel the materials, build quality/design and extra FFB headroom was worth the additional cost. I also opted for a non-Fanatec pedals based on a combination of factors I knew I wanted out of a pedal set and what I would consider "common issues" in reviews/user feedback that I simply didn't want to deal with.

Good luck with the decision and purchase!

• Ahhh thanks for all the input guys, i decided to go 'all out' and it gets delivered hopefully on wednesday! have to go pick the cockpit up tomorrow so looking forward to my week off next week! Thanks again :D