Fanatec SQ 1.5 Not switcing to H Pattern

Hi guys,

I recently bought a SQ 1.5 (it's out of warranty), at beginning everything worked just fine when I had a thrustmaster wheel base and I used the shifter with fanatec USB adapater. Later I switched to Fanatec CSW 2.5 and didn't use the shifter for a week, after I installed my CSW the shifter is not working properly anymore, I have tried to connect it to the wheel base itself or connect it through USB adapater, it wont' get out of sequential mode, so I am unable to calibrate it also.

Did I miss something stupid or is the shifter is just broken for no reason?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

I'm assuming you moved the slider from SQ to H on the side?

• Yes, I did, right now it has no reaction when I switch it. It was working before.

• I have tried cleaning the outside with compressed air.
    • I have used the switched on the side of course. When it was working before I remember the menu slightly change when I switched the slider, now there is no reaction.
    • The calibration button shows to me as greyed out.
    • I have updated the driver to the newest.
    • I have also tried to calibrate with the wheel, it shows S_1, won't show G_1 etc.
  • I just solved it, Not sure what made the difference this two thing is what I did.

1. I opened the top 4 screws, blow some compressed air at the seq/H connector thing.
    2. I blow some compressed air at the USB cable contact point and the RJ cable contact point.

Looks like either dust or something blocking the signal. Hope this post help some body.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Yeah could have been a particle blocking the mechanism. Happy you got it fixed.

• It's a little microswitch that is screwed to the inside of the base of the shifter than signals the change - I suspect you have a loose connection on one of the wires that run from the switch to a small molex type connector on the PCB. The switch is easily removed - one screw - if you want to resolder. Don't ask me how I know.