Podium Racing Wheel F1 and Podium Hub firmware will not update

Greetings,

I'm new here, so apologies if if this is in the wrong category. I can move to a different category if needed, thought he symptoms and solutions one isn't available to me. I can't find anything on this from the forum or web, though I may not be asking the right question, but here goes:

I received my DD1/Podium racing wheel F1 system a few months ago but was waiting on the aluminum profiles. Everything is set up and I've updated the DD1 wheelbase to version to 680, PC driver: 381, wheelbase motor: 40, BUT the steering wheel firmware is stuck on version 34. When I click on 'update steering wheel firmware' the Fanatec Wheel Properties page quits like it's going into the Firmware Updater, but then nothing happens. I have to power off the DD1 base and power it back on to reconnect to the Wheel Properties page, which is followed by another pop up to update the wheel firmware. The wheel is recognized by the base, and works in game, but I can't get it to update the firmware to V38.

I'm connected directly to the back of the PC in a USB 2.0 port and everything else updates just fine (I'm in PC mode on the base). All USB ports have the current drivers and all power management to the ports are off. I've tried downgrading to version 346 but the same wheel update failure happens there as well.

This also happens when I try to update the firmware on the podium hub (from the Podium steering wheel Porsche 911 GT3). HOWEVER, the wheel firmware did successfully update from version 14 to version 15. It's the Podium Hub and F1 wheel which will not update, which is currently stuck on version 2 and 34, respectively.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Comments

• Also, I was able to try this on someone else's PC notebook and I got the same result. I do have an email into Fanatec, but I'm hoping someone here has some advice for me to try out.

• Did you try the repair function of the driver yet?

• Sorry, neglected to mention that. Yes, I tried the repair function and it didn't solve the issue. I've also gone into the game controller setting in the control panel and reset both lines to default for the DD1.

• I have just had the same issue and now it wont even turn on, if I press and hold the power button the fan comes on but release and it turns off again!

this isn’t the first time it’s happened so frustrating can anyone tell me the trick to reset it! From memory it’s stuck in a fail safe mode or something if it has to go back again I’m just chucking it in the bin lol and no I’m not Parting it out to the savvy! I’ll use it as a something... please help I’d rather bin some vehicles

• If you hold the button on the back of the base for around 8-10 seconds it should start flashing and put it into bootloader mode. That should allow you to update the firmware. In doing these back and forth up-and-downgrades I had it get stuck once and not boot on. That solved THAT particular issue I ran into.

For my wheel update issue, Fanatec just emailed me back and said the base is defective and are initiating a RMA process.

• I’m still waiting for a response but I’ve held the button down for over 1 minute and no luck as since I have some comps coming up in the next week I’ve had to go and purchase another wheel base whilst I twiddle my thumbs and wait for a response as to what fanatec would like me todo next.....

• Hello Lucas.
    Yesterday I also reinstalled the latest driver and updated the firmware on the same model. 
    Then I'm having the exact same problem with the bass.
    My base is not recognized by the PC as a USB device.
    Pressing and holding the power button does not enter boot loader mode.
    Is this condition an irreparable failure? Did you find a solution?
    I am also in great trouble.

• Hi Takeyuki,

My main issue is completely separate from this, but when I had the issue of my base not powering on after a stalled firmware update I unplugged my base from the wall and let it sit for a minute or so. Then I plugged it back in and held the power button on the back of the base for 8-10 seconds (until the power button started flashing) and the bootloader popped up on my computer and was able to reinstall the firmware without further issue and the base worked after that. If that doesn't work you'd probably want to contact support. I emailed them my issue and had a response in less than 48 hours. Unfortunately, I have to send my base and wheel in for repair and they quoted me about a 2 week turnaround time, not including shipping times. Hopefully, you don't have to send yours in...

• In case anyone else stumbles onto this with a similar issue, Fanatec replaced the DD1 wheel base (not the Formula V2 wheel) and the base and wheel firmware have been updated successfully. They kept the old base for investigation. Since I was under warranty, they reimbursed me for the shipping charge (but not the extra shipping insurance I paid, obviously) and paid to send it back to me. They had it for about a week before sending it back to me, so it was a pretty quick turnaround. I was without the wheel for 3 weeks and was expecting longer. Overall, I was pleased with how everything turned out.