Wheel Vibrating Problem

I have just purchased and got up and running in Iracing a Clubsport V2.5 base with the Porsche 918 wheel. I have been driving for several days with no problems with the system. This evening when I started the system up and logged onto Iracing, practicing in the Mazada, I noticed the wheel just started to vibrate like I was running over rumble strips. The wheel on the screen was also vibrating the same way. I tried driving like this but whenever the wheel comes back to center I can feel the vibrations again. I also noticed the LED light on the wheel are all flashing and the display is showing ( n ) on it and I can't find anything indicating what that means. I've tried shutting down and recalibrating everything but I get the same results in Iracing once the car is started. I'm pretty new to this and can't find any clues as to what the problem is. Any suggestions? I also noticed that while the wheel is vibrating if I move it one way or the other and then bring it back to center, it tends to move off center and continue to vibrate.

Comments

• What you're feeling in the wheel vibrating is the engine on idle. It should change, when you're revving your engine. It is gone, when you steer to the left or rights, as then the load of the wheels more or lesse overcome this vibration (whell, it's a sim, simulation real world...). You'll have to unmark the virbation check box in the iRacing options to stop this.

Regarding the shift lights: "n" means your in Neutral, as soon as you get into 1st gear, there should be a "1". The shift lights are flashing, as your pit limiter is engaged, this will stop as soon as you've left the pit lane (or manually disable pit limiter...). However, this will change from car to car, as other models will show the activated pit limiter in a differnet manner...

• edited December 2020

Michael

Your right, the vibrating while sitting there idling kind of threw me... but you are right and thanks for the help.....

Got another one for you... I'm using the Clubsport V2.5 wheel base and the Clubsport pedals. I started off with the sequential shifter but switched to the H pattern shifter with auto clutch because it's closer to the real thing and I am also using this as a learning tool for when I track my car at local race tracks. I switched to using the clutch with the H pattern shifter and immediately had problems with down shifting. I'm heel/toe down shifting and when I go from 5th to 4th and let the clutch out the car is in neutral. From there no matter what gear I put the shifter in it comes up as being in neutral. When I slow down and clutch and shift it will finally go into gear. I've switched back to auto clutch as that's the only way I can get the car to down shift into the intended gear. Any thoughts on this one ?

• How do you have your clutch pedal calibrated? I have mine set up so the clutch hits max around 50% travel. If you have max set at 100% travel, misshifting can happen often since that’s not where a real clutch engages.

• I'll have to check but I haven't made any custom settings to the clutch, just the brakes and throttle. Still, the problem only occurs when downshifting 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd and the screen shows it's in neutral. I can move the shifter into any slot and it still shows neutral. Only when I slow down and try again to shift into 4th using the clutch does it show I'm in 4th gear and then I can select any gear I want. But there is a time when downshifting that it will only show I'm in neutral not matter where the shift lever is. If I go back to auto clutch shifting operates normally.

I'll check the clutch setting and try the setting you suggested.

Thanks for the help.