WRC 9 and the dPr Setting

Hey folks. I wanted to throw this out there and see what some other users think. I am on a CSW 2.5 with the WRC wheel, so my setting can vary between the different wheelbases and preferences.

I have been reworking my FFB settings for WRC 9 using the damper setting. I started with dPr at 100 and worked my way down to around 50-60. Typically I know we all tend to run this setting as off because most modern games don't use it and focus on SAT instead.

I decided to try in in WRC 9 after finding some settings that used it for ACC. Those settings totally changed the game for me and really provided as close to a real feel in my wheel compared to when I have done tracks days in my real cars.

The dPr setting is dynamic and not static like the drift setting, and I was surprised to find that it seems WRC 9 uses it in this way. It puts a real weight on the wheel and seems to have some interaction with the Tyre Load setting in game. It also made me have to turn down SAT by 10-15 from my standard (for me this took me from 95 down to 80-85).

Just curious to see some others try this and see what you think. For me this little change with my FFB settings has completely brought the game up another level. Cheers!

Comments

• Oh, also with the damper setting on, turn Self Center to 0 in game. Forgot to mention this in the OP.

• you could list your settings here ingame and the wheelbase settings thank you

• Here are my current hardware and settings: Clubsport v2.5 WB, WRC Wheel, Clubsport Handbrake, Clubsport v3 Pedals (soft BPK and damper on throttle). Driver is v381, Base FW v680.

The biggest thing here is removing most of the vibrations, which mostly make no sense anyway. Suspension gives you all the feel of the surface you need and interacts with Tyre Load. I add in Ground Surface for a little bit of extra surface feel in the wheel. Outside of this, too much vibration really messes with feeling your level of grip, so if you add the other vibrations back in, add in small increments and keep them low.

FEI is another change here. I use to run this at 30-40 in WRC 9. I realized it was greatly diminishing the quality and depth of the FFB. I tried it at 100 and worked my way down to 70. I would prefer to run it no less than 80, but the way the Suspension vibration signal works causes too much high frequency rattling.

Also, the damper on the wheel base is dynamic, and it seems WRC 9 uses it to an extent. SImilar to the Dynamic Damping in ACC, I can feel the wheel get a little heavier as speed increases. I can also feel the wheel go loose as I lose grip or through a hairpin when the fronts are mostly static. The feeling of grip now is very progressive, allowing me to push on the limits and feel when I am starting to hit them.

This is the reason that the SAT and FF on the wheel base seem like they are turned way down. Note that if using a heavier or larger diameter wheel, you might have to turn up SAT and FF a little. The WRC wheel is very light and only 300mm.

Wheel Base Settings:

SEN: Auto

FF: 90

Dri: Off

FEI: 70

For: 100

Spr: Off

dPr: 100

bLi: 80

Sho: 100

brF: 85

In-Game Settings:

Wheel Angle: 540

Overall Force: 100

SAT: 80

Load: 65

Self Center: 0

Overall Vibration: 100

Slip: 0

Suspension: 65

Ground Surface: 40

Engine: 0

Collision: 0

Pedals: 100

• Hi There. So you are running Dpr at 100 as your settings showing? Or 50-60?