DD2 Problem - Metal "grinding" in the motor

I recently updated my DD2

PC Driver 381

Wheel Base Firmware 680

Wheel Base Motor Firmware 40

Steering Wheel Firmware 38 (Clubsport Formula V2)

I now have this weird notchy metal grinding feeling when driving. It's hard to describe, but it feels like the motor just isn't that smooth any longer. I am using high torque mode with the following settings. Not sure where to start with troubleshooting - or maybe if I should just try downgrading everything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Don't know what game you're using that setting for, but I would turn down the SPR to 0 or something much lower.

I would deleting the motor calibration to see if that would help with the notchy-ness.

• First step should be, like Austen already said, Motor calibration.

Important: you have to erase the old one first and then recalibrate (to be sure, do this twice).

Settings:

[FF] 100 and use ingame setting 40, it does provide more detail that way around.

[LIN] should be off, it doesn't have any good effect imo, it mostly kills the FFB detail.

[SPR] doesn't have any effect in 99% of the sims, so you can turn that off as well.

Next question:

Which sims are you using?

rF2 for example has a bug: when you change a car class or restart a race, the FFB becomes extremely notchy, only a restart of the sim and wheelbase helps.

Last option:

Mechanical failure, it's possible that the motor is bricked, or on it's way to be bricked.

Then it's a Fanatec warranty case. Then you should open a support case over the website.